Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 21:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My scores on the GMAT & Kaplan prep tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

My scores on the GMAT & Kaplan prep tests [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2009, 09:43
Hi,

Yesterday, I scored 410 on the Kaplan prep test and today, I scored 350 on the GMAT prep test...

My official GMAT test is on march 20th (in 12 days)....if I continue studying, do you think I can get 550 or above? or do i need to re-schedule my appointment?

Thanks,
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: My scores on the GMAT & Kaplan prep tests [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2009, 10:24
Hey MontrealGirl,

According to many of them here , KPLAN is not representative of the actual GMAT scoring algorithm.
However GmatPrep is very near to the actual GMAT.

Irrespective of how much you are scoring , if you havent been preparing for long enough (3 months is ideal) OR you dont think that the score you are getting is not satisfactory , you should reschedule....

I have seen many debriefs where guys had initial score somewhere around what you are getting ; however their score improved over the period of time....

I think you should re-scedule , re- plan your studies , focus on the weak areas , take many tests (MGMAT / GmatClub / KAPLAN / GmatPrep) and then write actual Gmat...

I hope it helps.

Lahoosaher

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2270

Kudos [?]: 8763 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: My scores on the GMAT & Kaplan prep tests [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2009, 22:50
Expert's post
I would probably reschedule. GMAT Prep is too low. Your GMAT Prep should be close to 600 if you want to get a solid 550.
Focus on the areas that need most help - verbal or math; depending on your background, one of them may be easier than the other to master to get up close enough to 550.

Check this thread out for recommended books: t74310-recommendations-for-best-gmat-prep-books

It is really helpful to have one of the guide books (any one of them) instead of just questions and tests.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: My scores on the GMAT & Kaplan prep tests [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2009, 17:18
MontrealGirl wrote:
Hi,

Yesterday, I scored 410 on the Kaplan prep test and today, I scored 350 on the GMAT prep test...

My official GMAT test is on march 20th (in 12 days)....if I continue studying, do you think I can get 550 or above? or do i need to re-schedule my appointment?

Thanks,

I would strongly recommend that you reschedule.

First, Kaplan's tests are too low in my opinion (and from personal experience--when compared to GMAT prep, as I will explain later). Since Kaplan offers a money back guarantee, it is in there interest to effectively low-ball you. They set their tests artificially low so that you don't cash in and so that you think they did a good job. I scored 100 points lower on that test than I did on multiple GMAT preps (and other tests like MGMAT). Second, the GMAT's tests are remarkably accurate from what I have heard from friends. Sure there is a standard deviation of about 40, but the real test has a standard deviation of about 30.

Having said all that, it does not appear that the likelihood of you achieving your target score are very good. Since the test is on your record forever, you should probably reschedule.

I hope this helps. Good luck!!

Helpful GMAT Resources: GMAT Club | Official Guide GMAT Prep | MBA.com Prep | Free GMAT Prep | GMAC

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: My scores on the GMAT & Kaplan prep tests [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2009, 07:53
thank you all

I cancelled my app. and I'm think about taking it beginning of May.

Re: My scores on the GMAT & Kaplan prep tests   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2009, 07:53