Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey yb, if mid-november is the cut-off time that you should take the test by, then it is up to you if you want to save another try for the test. End October should give you enough time. Otherwise, just stick to that one of mid-november and you can always retake it later.

The ETS paper tests are the one advertised on the mba website at: https://www.mba.com/mba/Store
Each bundle of 3 paper tests are 25$US and there are 3 bundles in total. If you are using the 11th version of the OG, then I would suggest you to buy them as the questions could be quite different. However, there is a lot of overlap with the 10th edition of the OG, especially when it comes to RC.
As for the challenges, you can register for the free bi-weekly ones here: https://www.gmatclub.com/challenge/
You can also buy the challenges in different bundles if you want and they can be found here: https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=12588
Another way to have access to the challenges is if we find that you become a good contributor, we will grant you access to all 25 challenges for free. This usually is subjective to our decision but if we see that you have contributed over 200 quality posts, we will let you in. You can see the rules here: https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=17979

Lastly, there is no specific guideline as to how much time you should spend on studying. The more the better. I know some geniuses on this board who spent only a few hours on the GMAT but who ended up with 740. However, for the average person, 15-20 hours per week for 2-3 months is good. Your average time spent seems to be fine so I would not worry too much. Just practice those LSAT problems and as much as you can from this site! Don't worry, I'm not biased, you will see for yourself by participating :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks. I've decided to get both the ETS tests and the challenges. I'm aiming to take the test during the first or second week of November. Here's how I'm going to utilize the next month or so:
- Finish OG and Kaplan800 in the next 2 weeks
- Take the challenges for quant and use LSAT books for RC and CR (plus some SC from somewhere) - should take 2 weeks
- Week 5 and 6: ETS paper tests + remaining Kaplan and PR tests. Rework all problems in the error log.
- Take the GMAT

I guess that completes my study plan.

Thanks again Paul, u've been extremely helpful
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
yb ,
Thats an amazing writeup of u'r approach .
Incredibly helpful to a newb like myself :)

Had a couple of questions tho':
Seems that you are reading the Quant sections first , from the diff. book and then the Verbal sections from the diff. books . Did you find this approach more beneficial than the more traditional that has one finish each book before moving onto the next ?

Also, why is it that you are doing PR 2006 & Kaplan 2006 ... I was under the impression that both of them are pretty much similr i.e. theory-wise . If anything , my understanding is that the q's in Kaplan are tougher and the the tips in PR are unusable on the Verbal section .
Is this not the case ?

Cheers.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sachin,
I'm glad my post helped..
To answer your questions:

1. Since Kaplan and PR quant reviews are quite similar, i decided to do them together. These reviews are pretty basic and act simply as refreshers. The OG11 has a pretty decent quant review as well. Also, don't forget to go through the 100 concepts in the math reference section in Kaplan (found in the back of the book). These highlight the frequently occuring problem types and concepts.

2. Yes, theory-wise Kaplan and PR are very similar. Don't take these too seriously, they are just a starting point (they aren't that long anyway); your real learning will come from answering problems and going over the solutions. The reason i bought both Kaplan and PR was for the tests. (Kaplan has 4 cd, 1 diag, 1 online....PR has 4 CD and 1 paper)

Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nice plan. I'm impressed by your organization and detail!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]