Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 05:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My Very own GMAT and IELTS journal. Test in November.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

My Very own GMAT and IELTS journal. Test in November. [#permalink] New post 31 May 2012, 21:51
I am going to start preparing for GMAT from today. I will post my schedule, error logs and sources for study here.

I am currently an intern at Infosys BPO Ltd. in India(Gurgaon) working under Business Development Sector which a a degree requirement in my 6th semester. I am pursuing enginerring from Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad.

I am thinking of following this Schedule

Mondays- 2 hours for GMAT prepration
Tuesdays- 2 hours for GMAT prepration
Wednesday- 2 hours for IELTS prepration
Thursdays- 2 hours for GMAT prepration
Firdays- Review ERROR LOG
Saturdays and Sundays- Study 6 hours for GMAT and 2 hours for IELTS.

I have not yet broken up GMAT Prepration IELTS prepration into parts. I will do so as soon as I get back from office tonight. I am thinking about starting with Quantative section. I have a copy of OG12. So I am thinking of starting working with that.

Feel free to leave suggestions. Any guidance and support will be appreciated.

Regards
Vadehra

AMAT VICTORIA CURAM
Victory loves Prepration.

+1 kudos if you think I have helped you.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: My Very own GMAT and IELTS journal. Test in November. [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2012, 08:35
Well. I came back from office. Went running(Really gives me feel good). Had a not-so-light supper(Mistake. Should have stayed light.)
Now I am ready to plan my schedule.

I will start with Quantitative Sample Questions from OG12 and keep error log so I can review my mistakes when I get back to this section in future. After that I am planning to get back to Geometry basics and Permutations and Combinations formulas and try out some questions.

I have downloaded some How-to guides here from gmatclub and will go through them. This is so far my plan for tomorrow.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Just like I said before. Suggestions, reviews and feedback are welcome.

AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

Intern
Intern

Re: My Very own GMAT and IELTS journal. Test in November. [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2012, 01:05
OK. I did the sample quantitative questions in the OG 12. I did the Problem Solving part and Data Sufficiency Part. I checked the my answers after completing the section and the results was BAD! I scored 12 on 24 in Problem Solving and 14 on 24 in Data Sufficiency. I felt bad but then I thought I should look into the ares that I am weak in and work on them.

I suck at Mean, Mode, Median, Deviation, Variance. I don't even remember the formulas. I also need to review my Probability and Permutations and Combinations section. I am going to revise their basics today to get back on track.

I will be updating my error log just after this.

I still have to read those How-tos. I will read them after I have my dinner.

Also I have a query. If I want to apply for a B school in US then should I prepare for TOEFL or IELTS?

Waiting for some feedback and suggestions.

Regards
Vadehra

AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

Intern
Intern

Re: My Very own GMAT and IELTS journal. Test in November. [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2012, 12:24
I revised some geometry formulas(including co-ordinate geometry). I worked on permutation and combination problems. I also looked into some Probability section and I seem to remember some stuff. I will need to get back to these sections in the future.

Also I studied the questions which I got wrong in the Diagnostic Quantitative Test. I was reviewing my answers and realized that I had 16 answers right instead of 14 from 24 questions in Data Sufficiency and 13 instead of 12 from 24 in Problem Solving.

So my stats are as follows-

Problem Solving- 13/24 (Average)
ERROR LOG
-Operation on Rational Numbers x4
-Probability x2
-Properties of Numbers x2
-Statistics x1
-Second degree equation x1
-Simplifying algebraic expressions x1
-Applied Problems x1

Data Sufficiency- 16/24(Above Average)
ERROR LOG
-Arithmetic Operations x1
-Percents x2
-First and Second degree equation x1
-Statistics x2
-Properties of Numbers x1
-Sets and Functions x1

What I am realizing is that the most of my question were wrong because I did not read the question carefully. I will have to work on that. I will need efficiency along with speed.

Its almost 2 AM an I am calling it a night. I am going to catch up on geometry and Mean, Mode, Median, Variance, Deviation tomorrow.
Also I will figure out my the colleges I want to apply to.

AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

Intern
Intern

Re: My Very own GMAT and IELTS journal. Test in November. [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2012, 08:18
O did some questions from Level 600. I got one question wrong from Absolute Value/Modules and two three from Arithmetic. I couldn't study much today. Sundays are lazy. I wasted some time watching movies. But I guess that necessary too. I still haven't decided on what college to apply for but I have set a target score. I want to score 720+ if I want to apply in any of my dream college. I talked to a friend last night and he advised me to Pick 2 dream colleges, 2 Realistic colleges and 1 Sure-shot college. I am going to follow this idea. I will squeeze in more co-ordinate geometry formulas and mean mode median formulas before I go to sleep tonight.

Also can some one please review http://www.indiabix.com and provide some feedback about the quality of their questions being MAT type and level.

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Regards
Vadehra

AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

Intern
Intern

Re: My Very own GMAT and IELTS journal. Test in November. [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 12:24
I slacked out a bit yesterday and did not study. I know people that this is not cool at all. But I am back on track today. I did some question on gmatclub forums and looked out colleges which will allow me to join without work ex. Any insight in this matter is desperately needed.

Need to work hard and be regular. I am tired now. Its a couple of minutes to 2AM. I am going off to sleep.

Regards
Garv Vadehra

AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

Re: My Very own GMAT and IELTS journal. Test in November.   [#permalink] 05 Jun 2012, 12:24