Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 09:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Naked mole rats form colonies of approximately twenty animal

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 17

Naked mole rats form colonies of approximately twenty animal [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:21
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

25% (medium)

Question Stats:

57% (01:48) correct 43% (00:48) wrong based on 58 sessions
Naked mole rats form colonies of approximately twenty animals, each of which consists of a single reproductive female and workers that defend her.

A) each of which consists
B) with each of them consisting
C) each colony consisting
D) and each of them consist
E) and each colony consisting
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 417 [0], given: 243

Premium Member
Re: Naked mole rats form colonies of approximately twenty animal [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:25
zazoz wrote:
Naked mole rats form colonies of approximately twenty animals, each of which consists of a single reproductive female and workers that defend her.

Please do not repost the same question . As you have done here mole-rats-form-colonies-of-approximately-twenty-animal-162301.html

Delete one of your questions.

How to CHOOSE your Business School
Thanks = Kudos. Kudos are appreciated

Rules for posting on the verbal forum
When you post a question Pls. Provide its source & TAG your questions
Avoid posting from unreliable sources such as 1000 series.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 268 [1] , given: 120

Re: Naked mole rats form colonies of approximately twenty animal [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:26
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
zazoz wrote:

Hi, it is already discussed here ------http://gmatclub.com/forum/naked-mole-rats-form-colonies-of-approximately-20-animals-135582.html

Hope it helps.

Please check whether the same topic exists by searching the forum and then post :)

Believe you can and you're halfway there- Theodore Roosevelt

My Blog

Rules for posting in Quants Forum || Rules for posting in verbal forum

Improving from V30 to V40 | Improving from Q35-40 to Q47 | Bunuel Special Problem Collections New!!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Re: mole rats form colonies of approximately twenty animal [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:29
Sadly I got it wrong. I have two questions :

First, why the correct answer is not a run-on sentence? The modifier connect to the main clause without any coordinator conjunction, so why it is not a run-on?
Second, where is the main verb for the modifier clause? Isn't it a fragment? ( I assumed that the correct answer is a fragment since there is no main verb in the modifier clause)

Can you please help me out.
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: mole rats form colonies of approximately twenty animal [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:29
zazoz wrote:

Do NOT repost the same question of the forum :http://gmatclub.com/forum/naked-mole-rats-form-colonies-of-approximately-twenty-animal-162300.html

READ forum rules before posting your questions :http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-in-verbal-gmat-forum-134642.html

3 KUDOS received
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 417 [3] , given: 243

Premium Member
Re: mole rats form colonies of approximately twenty animal [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:34
This post received
KUDOS
zazoz wrote:

First, why the correct answer is not a run-on sentence? The modifier connect to the main clause without any coordinator conjunction, so why it is not a run-on?
Second, where is the main verb for the modifier clause? Isn't it a fragment? ( I assumed that the correct answer is a fragment since there is no main verb in the modifier clause)

Coordinating conjunction is required only for connecting 2 sentences or independent clauses . Modifiers do not need any such connecting word.
The main verb is required to be present in a dependent or independent clause {complete sentence)
a modifer can also be a single word (no verb required)
Tubby, my cat, is so lazy {my cat is the modifier)

Manager
Manager

Re: Naked mole rats form colonies of approximately twenty animal [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:35
guys I know, sorry but due to some stupid reasons in my country I could not be able to see past discussed questions because of the word 'naked' those pages are blocked in my country. Now I am in with lots of back doors so sorry about that
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Naked mole rats form colonies of approximately twenty animal [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:36
zazoz wrote:
guys I know, sorry but due to some stupid reasons in my country I could not be able to see past discussed questions because of the word 'naked' those pages are blocked in my country. Now I am in with lots of back doors so sorry about that

ok. I am merging both your posts into a single thread

Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: mole rats form colonies of approximately twenty animal [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2013, 03:49
zazoz wrote:
dentobizz wrote:
zazoz wrote:

Coordinating conjunction is required only for connecting 2 sentences or independent clauses . Modifiers do not need any such connecting word.
The main verb is required to be present in a dependent or independent clause {complete sentence)
a modifer can also be a single word (no verb required)
Tubby, my cat, is so lazy {my cat is the modifier)

Appreciate it.

Your welcome. But instead of posting one word replies like 'Thank you', 'appreciate it' .Pls.press kudos.
one word posts will be deleted by the mods/administrators.
also read forum rules for posting rules-for-posting-in-verbal-gmat-forum-134642.html

Re: mole rats form colonies of approximately twenty animal   [#permalink] 28 Oct 2013, 03:49