Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 02:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Nanyang MBA vs Melbourne Business School vs AGSM vs CUHK

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Nanyang MBA vs Melbourne Business School vs AGSM vs CUHK [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 00:39
Hi,
Firstly, I would like to thank you for providing an oppurtunity to me of presenting my profile for evaluation to your goodself.
I am looking at following Business Schools to apply for Fall 2013 -
Nanyang MBA (Singapore)
Melbourne Business School (Australia)
AGSM (Australia)
CUHK (China)

My Profile in brief -
a) 10th Class - 80.6 % (from Delhi Public School, one of the most coveted schools in India)
b) 12th Class - 68.8 % (from Apeejay School, again one of the most coveted schools in India)
c) Undergraduate - Engineering in Computer Sciences - 68.8% (First Class) from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (One of the top 10 colleges in India)
d) Work Exp - Total 7 Years 2 Months (Techno-Management role) in IT by the time Fall 2013 batch starts at all of schools listed above.
Have been leading 3 online 24*7 Account Opening Applictions in RBS Group worldwide with usage in more than 20+
countries.
Have contributed significantly to recovery of RBS Group during worldwide technical glitch (famous one) in RBS Systems in
2012 July.
e) Sad Part - GMAT 640
f) Extra Curricular Activities - Very active right from childhood - 1) Role Playing Competition award at High School, 2) Parker Writing
Contest,3) Captain of Under-19 Cricket team at High School, 4) Member of Volleyball Team, 5) Paper
Presentation Award at National Level Academic event 'TECHNIeeK'.
g) Community Initiative - Again, pro-active from childhood, 1) Indian Human Rights Protection Award during my High School - Senior
Secondry education,2) Part of 'Community Social Responsibility' Initiative at my current employer - Royal
Bank of Scotland,3) A Fire Marshal of RBS covering vicinity of premises.
h) Extra Certifications - 1) L0 Certification - Credit Cards Domain from Cognizant Technology Solutions ( globally renowned IT
Company),2) L1 Certifications - Banking and Financial Domain from same employer,3) Workshop on
Presentation Skills 'Train The Trainer' by prestigious Dale Carneige Group.
Some of the highlights -
a) Great adapatability - I have studied in 8 prestigious schools till my Senior Secondry Education (12th Class) across various
gepgraphical locations in India (owing to frequent location change in my father's govt job).Same applies to my
professional journey as well - first employer being Cognizant Technology Solutions (Typical IT Service
provider),then CGI (Canadian Organisation), and then RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) - One of the biggie banks on
the planet.
b) Exposure to various domains during my professional stint - IT Services, Supply-Chain Management, Banking and Financial Domains,
Manufacturing.
c) Internship - Began from 2nd year onwards till end of my engineering during each summer break.
1) 2nd Year engineering - IBM Corporation, India - As a technical engineer, developed softwares on multiple languages.
2) 3rd Year engineering - Selected by Department of Atomic Energy, Govt of India for short research study on CPU
Clustering effects.
3) Final year engineering - Did my corporate internship at TISCO (renowned Tata Steel Corporations),India,I developed
software that was implemented into Manufacturing line of Tata Steels and won me appreciations for the same.
d) Academic - 1) Scholar Batch for academic excellence in my Senior Secondry School,2) Book of Merit Award by a Central Govt
Organisation for academic excellence at High School.
e) Professional Awards - 1) RBS Group's Global Ovation Award for continued excellence in managing the delivery over years.In fact, my
team bought this laurel to my business division which didn;t get this award in last 5 years.
2) Silver Excellence Award (RBS India Level) - For excelling in delivering solutions to business.
I will keep away from writing usual awards which are on team level like 'Thank You' , I Appreciate,etc.

I would appreciate if I can have a profile evaluation done for my candidature for above mentioned schools, also I would welcome your
expert opinion on consideration of any other better schools (If I can !! depending upon above profile) !!

Thanks in advance,
rishukvt
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 9
Schools: ISB (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: FT MBA: Manchester vs Warwick vs Melbourne vs London Cass [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 23:37
rishukvt wrote:
Hi,
d) Work Exp - Total 7 Years 2 Months (Techno-Management role) in IT by the time Fall 2013 batch starts at all of schools listed above.
Have been leading 3 online 24*7 Account Opening Applictions in RBS Group worldwide with usage in more than 20+
countries.
Have contributed significantly to recovery of RBS Group during worldwide technical glitch (famous one) in RBS Systems in
2012 July.


Great, do include examples where you lead a team and achieved positive business impact. Incidents of people issue resolution, crises management and delivering under crunch situation also make good essays.

rishukvt wrote:
e) Sad Part - GMAT 640


If you can improve it, well and good, else work on your essays.

rishukvt wrote:
5) Paper Presentation Award at National Level Academic event 'TECHNIeeK'.



Good point, do talk about it.

rishukvt wrote:

g) Community Initiative - Again, pro-active from childhood, 1) Indian Human Rights Protection Award during my High School - Senior
Secondry education,2) Part of 'Community Social Responsibility' Initiative at my current employer - Royal
Bank of Scotland,3) A Fire Marshal of RBS covering vicinity of premises.


One well framed and articulated story around community work should do.

rishukvt wrote:

h) Extra Certifications - 1) L0 Certification - Credit Cards Domain from Cognizant Technology Solutions ( globally renowned IT
Company),2) L1 Certifications - Banking and Financial Domain from same employer,3) Workshop on
Presentation Skills 'Train The Trainer' by prestigious Dale Carneige Group.


Does not seem like a differentiating factor.

rishukvt wrote:

3) Final year engineering - Did my corporate internship at TISCO (renowned Tata Steel Corporations),India,I developed
software that was implemented into Manufacturing line of Tata Steels and won me appreciations for the same.


if you can put a number to the impact that this software implementation brought in, it would be great

rishukvt wrote:

e) Professional Awards - 1) RBS Group's Global Ovation Award for continued excellence in managing the delivery over years.In fact, my
team bought this laurel to my business division which didn;t get this award in last 5 years.



Worth mentioning
_________________

Team Ivyctor

Re: FT MBA: Manchester vs Warwick vs Melbourne vs London Cass   [#permalink] 25 Mar 2013, 23:37
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
IE business school VS Cranfield Vs Nanyang shahin023 1 19 Feb 2014, 00:53
IE IMBA vs Melbourne school of Business (MBS),AGSM tsingh03 4 10 Feb 2014, 02:42
Experts publish their posts in the topic FT MBA: Manchester vs Warwick vs Melbourne vs London Cass sampolos 4 01 Mar 2013, 19:52
NUS MBA VS Nanyang MBA ericlim 5 30 Jan 2013, 01:16
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Nanyang MBA vs Melbourne Business School vs AGSM vs CUHK

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.