Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1069 [25]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 42103 [2]
Given Kudos: 422
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1034 [1]
Given Kudos: 141
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [1]
Given Kudos: 60
Concentration: Economics, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
According to a recent study by the Occupational Safety and Health Admi [#permalink]
Kudos
I thought it was interesting to share what's the Manhattan's percentile estimate for this question (I took a CAT that contained this question). A 15% question here is considered a 85% percentile question.
Attachments

Screenshot 2020-01-15 at 21.22.39.png
Screenshot 2020-01-15 at 21.22.39.png [ 15.06 KiB | Viewed 14643 times ]

Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 4683 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT Date: 11-01-2019
Send PM
Re: According to a recent study by the Occupational Safety and Health Admi [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Dear Friends,

Here is a detailed explanation to this question-

alphaseeker wrote:
According to a recent study by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the incidence of reported neck and back pain correlate positively to the amount of time spent in sitting positions at work.

A. correlate positively to
B. are correlated positively to
C. correlate positively with
D. are positively correlated to
E. correlates positively with

Choice A: Option A displays clear subject-verb disagreement between "incidence" and "correlate" and utilizes the unidiomatic phrase "correlate to", rather than the correct phrase "correlate with". Thus, Option A is incorrect.

Choice B: Option B features an idiom-related error that is similar to the idiom-related error found in Option A, in its use of the phrase "correlated...to". This answer choice also displays subject-verb disagreement between "incidence" and "are". Thus, Option B is incorrect.

Choice C: Option C displays the same subject-verb disagreement found in Option A. Thus, Option C is incorrect.

Choice D: Option D displays the same subject-verb disagreement found in Option B and the idiom-related error found in Option A. Thus, Option D is incorrect.

Choice E: Option C maintains proper idiom use, by using the phrase "correlates...with", and subject-verb agreement throughout the sentence. Thus, Option E is correct.

Hence, E is the best answer choice.

All the best!
Experts' Global Team
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: According to a recent study by the Occupational Safety and Health Admi [#permalink]
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts