Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 19:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need a bit of Advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Need a bit of Advice [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2009, 14:15
My GMAT Exam is scheduled for the 25th (Friday). I live in India and I have a day's time left. I am planning on taking up one more practice test. I just finished taking up my 2nd GMAT Prep test. I took up the first one a month back. I have taken them both only once so far. I am yet to attempt the last 2 MGMAT CATs.

My question is whether I should take up one of the Manhattan GMAT tests or re-take GMAT Prep Test 1. I received a 730 on GMAT Prep 2 and so I'm a little skeptical about taking up one of the MGMAT tests, which might give me a much lower score just before the exam. Please suggest which test I should take up.

Thanks in advance!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 215 [1] , given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Need a bit of Advice [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2009, 14:31
This post received
KUDOS
I took an MGMAT CAT test the day before my actual exam, and the score I got was very close to the GMAT Preptest exam I had taken a day earlier. Both were actually lower than my actual GMAT score. I think at this stage of the game, you are better off retaking a GMAT Preptest. The MGMAT CAT test would have been good to take a week or so ago so you can pinpoint what areas you are particularly weak in.

Another reason not to take the MGMAT now is that the quant section is pretty hard - harder than the GMAT Preptest in my opinion. Even knowing this, if you were to take the MGMAT and receive a low score, it could unnecessarily hurt your confidence going into the test. Instead, I'd say just retake one of the GMAT Preptests and make sure you have your timing correct i.e. don't finish a section with very little time left, and don't finish it with more than 5 mins left.

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Need a bit of Advice [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2009, 22:23
Hey thanks! Even I was thinking of taking up GMAT Prep 1. Though I got 660 on 3 of the 4 Manhattan CATs that I took up (and the last of those tests was taken 2 weeks before), I still feel that if I don't get a 700+ on MGAMT, it could severely hurt my confidence going into the exam. So yes, I'll stick with GMAT Prep. Thanks, mate!
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 395 [1] , given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need a bit of Advice [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2009, 22:31
This post received
KUDOS
I would vote for GMATPrep test.

Also, review all the concepts / notes etc. I remember hitting one of the actual GMAT questions from the section which I reviewed a day before.

ISB 2011-12 thread | Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB
All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores
Self evaluation for Why MBA?

Intern
Intern

Re: Need a bit of Advice [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2009, 02:36
Cheers, Bigoyal. Even I was planning on doing that.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 25

Re: Need a bit of Advice [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2009, 05:57
GMATMaster wrote:
My GMAT Exam is scheduled for the 25th (Friday). I live in India and I have a day's time left. I am planning on taking up one more practice test. I just finished taking up my 2nd GMAT Prep test. I took up the first one a month back. I have taken them both only once so far. I am yet to attempt the last 2 MGMAT CATs.

My question is whether I should take up one of the Manhattan GMAT tests or re-take GMAT Prep Test 1. I received a 730 on GMAT Prep 2 and so I'm a little skeptical about taking up one of the MGMAT tests, which might give me a much lower score just before the exam. Please suggest which test I should take up.

Thanks in advance!

I'd say retake GMAT PREP 1.

Believe in yourself.

Re: Need a bit of Advice   [#permalink] 25 Sep 2009, 05:57