Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 12:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need a Profile Review

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 05-23-2012
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 11

Need a Profile Review [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 10:27
Basic Profile Information:

Average Work experience : 7 years( Oct 2012)
Business Schools trying to apply for : Rotterdam, Melbourne,AGSM,Imperial College of London,etc
IELTS Score: 7.5 (with no section less than 6)
GMAT Score: 540(got this score 4 years back) Now preparing for the same and planning to retake it on June.

Currently having my own business(related to financial reporting) in India. Previous work experience of around 6 years was primarily in IT consultancy.

Extra Curricular Activities:
1.Conducted various quiz programs at inter college competitions.
2.Participated in various cultural programs at School/College level

Would be super glad if someone could review my profile and give me some pointers. Thanks.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Need a Profile Review [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 13:15
All your target colleges are second or third tier. If you can get around 650 gmat score, you can get into your target colleges. I dont think that will be very difficult. Try to score more than 650, and apply to Oxford and Cambridge as well. Good luck!

www.InterviewBay.com
- Get Ready For The Interview
MBA | Finance | Consulting

gayathriz wrote:

Business Schools trying to apply for : Rotterdam, Melbourne,AGSM,Imperial College of London,etc
GMAT Score: 540(got this score 4 years back) Now preparing for the same and planning to retake it on June.

Currently having my own business(related to financial reporting) in India. Previous work experience of around 6 years was primarily in IT consultancy.

Would be super glad if someone could review my profile and give me some pointers. Thanks.
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Need a Profile Review [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2012, 19:24
gayathriz wrote:

Hi,

I assume that you are from India.

Being an Indian, you are a part of very competitive pool, and you must score 640-660 for these schools.

You did not mention your undergrads, if you have undergrads in engineering, you have a good point of being an entrepreneur.
and believe me this point can really change your unique story for getting into MBA from rest of engineering applicants.

You have to be specific about exactly what you have done in extra curriculars while writing your essays.

Good Luck

Let me know if i could be of any help

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Re: Need a Profile Review   [#permalink] 25 Mar 2012, 19:24