Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 14:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need A Study Plan

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need A Study Plan [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2006, 16:42
I am finding it difficult to study after coming home from long day at work, some days I can study otherdays I just dont want to pick the book .
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2006, 20:08
Well you probably have time to study so go ahead and do this.

Buy the Official Guide to the GMAT 11th edition and go over the questions (yellow book) and also get the green and purple books (Quantitative and Verbal versions) and go over the questions slowly.

But since you are tired after work you might want to get a princeton review of Kaplan 2007 book and use the CD to get yourself into studying. The key is to get excited about the test. I know this may sound hard, but this test can be conquered.
And by joining this site you have stepped a foot in the right direction. Keep up the good work.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2006, 17:38
Yeah, I found it hard to get started too. Make it seem less intimidating...start out only scheduling an hour a night to just do practice questions. Work your way toward 2 hours of practice questions on weeknights if you have the time and energy. Do a full test on the weekends.

If your test is in a month or less, then you definitely need to kick it in fast. Otherwise you can go at a moderate pace over 2-3 months.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2006, 15:20
And that is the key, there is no need to get burnt out by cramming every night. Take this serious and slow, and you will be able to suceed.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2006, 16:44
At first it was hard for me to get into the habit of studying, but after a week of studying, I got used to it and actually enjoyed it as my scores increased. Taking this seriously and really motivating yourself is the key.

I also took the Kaplan Course. This made me go to class and do the "homework". So if you ahve some lack of motivation, this may help as well.

good luck!
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2006, 23:26
It's defoinitely a test of dedication.

I have started and stopped studying a couple of times but have been on a good schedule for a couple of weeks now.

Coffee helps :)
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2006, 17:19
Sometimes work, girlfriend or school become a factor. You just have to look past that and pretty much make the GMAT your priority.
  [#permalink] 07 Nov 2006, 17:19