Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: need advice [#permalink]
WantGMAT800 wrote:
mohater, thank you very much for your reply. I'll take a look through the links you provided.
I just doubt if I should do any math problems from books that aren’t made of GMAT questions, what do you say ?

By the way, by sticking to the strategy I described in previous post I’m leaving only 1 – 2 months for TOEFL preparation after I’ve taken GMAT.
Is it enough? And how does it ranked by admission commissions against GMAT? Suppose I got 750+ on GMAT and 90-100 on TOEFL, is it ok ?

I studied at a US university, thus I have no experience with the TOEFL. What I do know is that TOEFL scores are becoming more and more competitive as more people take the TOEFL, thus it becomes harder to stand out without scoring above 100.

I wouldn't outright reject books/problems that are not retired GMAT questions. Many people have benefited greatly from the Manhattan GMAT materials, which combine the MGMAT problems along side with the OG books. Many people have also reported success with the Kaplan Premier GMAT book.

Best of luck,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi WantGMAT800

It is possible. I spent only 4 weeks preparing for the GMAT and got a top score. Although I have impressive academic records and grew up in the UK, my first language is not English. However if you practice and practice, set yourself a road map for your studies and stick to it; I can assure you that you will get the score you need to get into one of the elite American B-schools. But not be fool by people's believe that the GMAT is only what matters in your application. It is just an element in the process but it does not measure your intellectual ability nor your managerial, leadership and communication skills, among others. Although schools will like to see high scores to keep their standards high, it is only an element in your application. If you can show however in your application by means of your essays, academic records, work experience, etc; that you have what it takes to complete the course successfully and show what your intentions are thereafter, anyone has a good chance to be admitted to the course and therefore finish the course two years later.

By the way I only used OG12 for my preparation and in the last week I tried some of tests here in the GMAT Club.

Good luck with your studies.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
2 mohater,
Got that. Thank you. Will work hard hoping to get what I need.

2 LUGO
Thanks for the reply. To me it seems to be written in "cheer up" way :), and if so, that's good. You've got impressive scores, my congratulations! Have you already got into any b-school?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
2 LUGO
Thanks for the reply. To me it seems to be written in "cheer up" way :), and if so, that's good. You've got impressive scores, my congratulations! Have you already got into any b-school?[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have not but soon will be submitting my application to the Wharton MBA/Lauder program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I registered recently in the courses GMAT in MBA STrategy (Kiev, Ukraine), I want to learn, whether many students from Ukraine successfully handed over the test after training at this school?
GMAT Club Bot