Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 07:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 107 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2009, 18:51
Hi guys,

Normally, I wouldn't look into this in too much detail but since my test is a little over a week I'm getting anxious.
The last two weekends I obtained the following scores:
Sunday 15/11 - MGMAT#4 - 680, Q47, V35
Saturday 14/11 - GMATPrep - 730, Q49, V41
Sunday 8/11 - MGMAT#3 - 690, Q47, V36
Saturday 7/11 - GMATPrep - 700, Q49, V36

I have a few test scores prior to that but because they were a while ago in my preparation they might not be worth mentioning. The only one may be a Kaplan 680, Q50, V33 but that was more than a month ago.

From my scores I guess you can say that the one variable which seems inconsistent is my verbal score. I have one week to go, I've covered all exercises in MGMAT SC, completed all the OG questions and are about to go through my Error log for it. I guess it's worth mentioning my goal is 700 with both Q and V > 75%. I'd be completely content with that.

Would you say that my last week is best utilized going through my error log and redoing those questions or completing more questions from the OG Verbal guide (of which I've only completed the SCs but not RCs and CRs)?

Based on my scores does anyone have any specific advice to offer?

Thanks in advance.
Stressed Yangsta8
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2009, 23:34
No one has any last minute tips on what is the most effective way for me to improve my verbal?
One week to go!!
Director
Director
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 100

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 02:21
Hey there buddy!
I have come across your posts pretty often and seeing the practice test scores just solidifies the thought that you are in good shape!The scores are good and the fact that you are posting it shows that indeed you are anxious..Managing stress in the last week is half the battle my friend!
Did you check out these helpful stress relieving links?
http://www.manhattangmat.com/strategy-series-stress.cfm
http://www.manhattangmat.com/stress-tips.cfm

In the last week it is better not to do any new questions..go over your error log and make sure you don't make any of the same mistakes again..spend quality amount of time with it..also your last practice test..see WHY you went wrong and what can you do to avoid making the same mistake again..Most importantly do not overburden yourself..the calmer you are,the better you will do..

All the best!Keep us updated!

countdown-beginshas-ended-85483-40.html#p649902

GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 388 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 05:52
Hello yangsta8,

Well based on your results, I have good news and regular news.

Your consistency in quant is EXCELLENT. Many have reported MGMAT's quant is more difficult than the GMAT's quant, and your ability to remain in a narrow range among various tests on multiple attempts shows you are consistent in this area.

The regular news is your inconsistent score in verbal shows a flat trend, but a lot of that depends on how you feel you actually did. Use your error log to identify where you are still falling short on verbal. Brush up on that material and make sure you relax and do not burn out before test day.

If you can hold your quant score on the real test and keep 37+ in verbal, you should be golden for 700+.

Best of luck,

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 22:00
Tejal777 - Yep just had a look through the link. I've seen one but not the other and I agree with you, half the battle is fighting the nerves. I haven't done a formal exam for quite some time! I've started going through my error log for verbal and plan on doing a few SC's a day to sharpen those skills as well.

Mohater - Yeh after my initial rant in writing the original post... I realized the key is verbal. Timing is my biggest issue, although I'm a native English speaker I am basically always 1-5 mins behind schedule in my prac exams.

Will keep you all updated on my progress.
Thanks for the support and advice :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2009, 21:50
Just got back from my exam - managed to get 730 (Q49, V41). I'm completely exhausted so will probably write up my experience properly tomorrow.

In the meantime just wanted to thank all the moderators and frequent contributors, especially BB, for helping to make this possible. GMATClub is a great resource and I am not sure if I would have achieved the same result without it.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2009, 22:10
great job on the test and on breaking 700!

GMAT Debrief

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2232

Kudos [?]: 8356 [0], given: 3645

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2009, 22:42
Expert's post
yangsta8 wrote:
Just got back from my exam - managed to get 730 (Q49, V41). I'm completely exhausted so will probably write up my experience properly tomorrow.

In the meantime just wanted to thank all the moderators and frequent contributors, especially BB, for helping to make this possible. GMATClub is a great resource and I am not sure if I would have achieved the same result without it.

Congratulations and thank you for the name drop :)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2009, 02:02
woo hoo!!Way to go dude!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2009, 18:41
man this is exiting .

i was reading your post from the top and was seeing your scores and saw you were nervous . For a moment i thought what it would be like to be in your shoes during the last week :)

and then i saw your score , amazing success story man .
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2009, 01:54
Klusener - I thought I was going to be calm, but nerves got the best of me leading up to the exam. I actually only managed a bit less than 6 hours sleep the night before! As Tejal has mentioned before, managing your nerves is half the battle.

Thanks all for the kind words, I think I've been smiling for 24 hours straight now.

I'll be posting a proper writeup later :)
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 388 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2009, 05:44
yangsta8 wrote:
... I actually only managed a bit less than 6 hours sleep the night before! As Tejal has mentioned before, managing your nerves is half the battle.

You got me beat :)

I didn't sleep at ALL the night before the test...

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2009, 07:18
wow..seriously guys?I asolutly love sleeping and am actually a very heavy sleeper!Day before the exam I met up with friends..went for a movie and long drive..the outing left me tired but not exhausted:Result:Slept like a baby the night before the exam.. 8-)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go! [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2009, 00:44
Haha Tejal I remember your countdown post.... seems like you managed to get all the nerves under control. I couldn't! Maybe it helped me, I don't know.... it definitely kept me anxious and on my toes. I went to watch 2012 the day before... maybe the whole end of the world thing inspired me... :shock:
Re: Need advice / Analysis of my Test scores - 1 week to go!   [#permalink] 26 Nov 2009, 00:44