Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 00:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need advice for shortlisting of schools!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Need advice for shortlisting of schools! [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2010, 19:21
Hello,

I got 700 in GMAT (Q49, V37), I am having 5.5 years of experience in Procurement (EPC, Services, Raw Material) for 3.5 years and for last two years i am working as Manager (Corporate Supply Chain Department) with one of the automobile companies in India.

Which are the Business Schools I should target? Please advice.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 526 [0], given: 0

Re: Need advice for shortlisting of schools! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2010, 11:18
What are your goals? (And be specific about companies, jobs, location -- no abstract/conceptual terms like "general management" or "marketing" or "finance").

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Intern
Intern

Re: Need advice for shortlisting of schools! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2010, 20:17
Hi Alex,

Thanks for initiating response.

India is land of apportunies for Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management. I want to be Operation, Logistics and SCM expert with Global experiece. The path I see to achieve this is join automobile or retailer companies to gain the more global experience, so that this experience can be used in India after certain period of time.

Re: Need advice for shortlisting of schools! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2010, 23:35
Apply to ISB and IIM.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Intern
Intern

Re: Need advice for shortlisting of schools! [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2010, 04:15
Thanks Alex,

ISB is in my list of my preferred collage; however, i need to consider few international back-up options. Therefore, i am seeking your advice.

Thanks & Regards

Shivkumar
Intern
Intern

Re: Need advice for shortlisting of schools! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2010, 19:00
Hi Alex,

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards

Shivkumar

Re: Need advice for shortlisting of schools! [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2010, 10:40
I cannot do the research for you (i.e. don't come to me as a blank canvas hoping for me to paint it for you) - not to be rude here, but this is research you can do on your own as there's a ton of info on the Internet where you can spend the time to go through the recruitment guides, websites, etc. and develop opinions on your own. Should you have specific questions about schools or employers/career paths, I'd be happy to answer them.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Intern
Intern

Re: Need advice for shortlisting of schools! [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2010, 11:43
Hi Alex,

I tried to search on so many sites but failed to capture the stengths of collages in terms of operations management and I am still doing that. After going through the search sites only I found your reference and thought that as an expert you could advice me something good value add. There are very few personnel with such expertise are available at places near me. I donot think that you liked my follow-up contact with you. However, it is upto you how did you perceived my effort.

Thank you for your earlier message.

Regards

Shivkumar
Re: Need advice for shortlisting of schools!   [#permalink] 25 Jan 2010, 11:43