Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Nov 2014, 18:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Advice.. got 700 on GMAT 0% in IR

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Schools: Jones '15 (I)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Need Advice.. got 700 on GMAT 0% in IR [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2012, 17:33
Guys,
I was looking for some advice.
My first attempt a couple of months ago was only 640 (Q49 V28) 5.5 AWA 7 in IR (81%)
My second attempt three weeks was 700(Q48 V37) 6.0 AWA and only 1 in IR(0%)

I was running temperature and during the AWA i realised that my head was hurting a lot and I needed to pop another pill so that I dont ruin my Quant and Verbal. I rushed out of the exam room to pop the pill during my IR section but must have wasted a lot of time and could not answer all the questions. The result was me getting only a 1 in IR which translates to 0 Percentile!!!

Do you'll have any advice. Will the B schools understand that I had an issue. I did extremely well on the IR in the first attempt but due to running temperature and a headache I had to run out to take a pill to make sure it would be effective by the time I started quant.
I was glad I could focus well on both quant and english but towards the end in english, I could not understand the reading comprehension passages and that resulted in a lower english score as well. I am still happy with my overall score, but I'm not sure how the IR would reflect in such a case? Does the 6.0 in AWA cover the deficiency in the IR score in any way?

I am already working on my essays and I do not have time to take the GMAT again.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Need Advice.. got 700 on GMAT 0% in IR [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2012, 17:58
If you're applying for 2013, I think you should be fine, most b-schools are not looking at IR scores.
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 327 [0], given: 191

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Need Advice.. got 700 on GMAT 0% in IR [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2012, 05:39
You should address the issue in optional essay as they can assume you just saved energy in IR and used that to score better.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Re: Need Advice.. got 700 on GMAT 0% in IR   [#permalink] 22 Oct 2012, 05:39