Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 05:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need advice on more V books to get. Already have MGMAT & OG

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Need advice on more V books to get. Already have MGMAT & OG [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2011, 08:04
Hi all,

I recently took the GMAT and scored 650 Q48 V32. I need to improve my V score in all areas. I basically need more problems to work through. I already have all 8 MGMAT and all OG books. I have heard PowerScore is one of the best, but also it was noted that MGMAT and PowerScore is essentially the same, but does PowerScore have a lot of additional problems that MGMAT doesn't have? MGMAT mostly uses OG questions as you all know.

Thanks
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: RHCE , CCNA, MCSE and Now GMAT ;)
WE: Operations (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 105 [1] , given: 28

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Need advice on more V books to get. Already have MGMAT & OG [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2011, 09:20
This post received
KUDOS
Power score CR has a few problems only but its termed as CR Bible. Grab it , its comprehensive and covers CR well more thoroughly than Mgmat. Refer to either Mgmat or Power score for CR concepts. If you have both i recommend power score.

Manhattan SC guide -> SC Bible
Power score CR bible -> CR Bible

This is te common notion among most of the forum members.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 610 Q45 V29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 44 [1] , given: 34

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Need advice on more V books to get. Already have MGMAT & OG [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2011, 23:53
This post received
KUDOS
You can also check out Powerscore Lsat LR bible..this contains toufer CR problem and the questions would be useful to approach 700+ CR questions.

For SC - MGMAT is the best..for more questions you could probably get SC grail which is also good book for Sc plus you get a questions bank with 100 questions for free.

Thanks,
GC24

Please click Kudos ,if my post helped you ;)

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 477 [0], given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Need advice on more V books to get. Already have MGMAT & OG [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2011, 06:13
Expert's post
A score of 32V suggests that more is needed than question practice. At the very least, re-read all three Manhattan verbal guides. If you already exhausted all of the OG material, look into LSAT questions for RC (one decent source is the LSAT SuperPrep, which contains lots of RC and LR practice). After the OG, the best source for questions is probably GMATClub's verbal forums. I also recommend looking into GMATClub Fiction.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Need advice on more V books to get. Already have MGMAT & OG   [#permalink] 08 Oct 2011, 06:13