Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Oct 2014, 20:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need advice on profile assessment (Fall 09 app)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Need advice on profile assessment (Fall 09 app) [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2008, 10:35
Hi Paul,

Though I've been joining Gmat club for a while, today it's the first time I've dropped here and see how helpful you've been to all members. I'm posting my brief profile here hoping you would help evaluate it and recommend me on how to make it better/stronger, also as to which B-schools I should go for. Thanks a lot in advance.

Could you please look through my profile and advise if anything should be made stronger and I need to pay attention to? Thanks a bunch, Paul :)

Last edited by madsun on 08 Aug 2008, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 346 [0], given: 64

Re: Need advice on profile assessment (Fall 09 app) [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2008, 15:19
Expert's post
Madsun,

Being female and from Vietnam is a nice "one-two punch" in terms of offering a diverse profile. You have a good extracurriculars/community profile and the value of working for a "brand" Top 4 firm. My concern is that at age 24 you have not had the leadership opportunities that older applicants have. So you may want to wait a year to strengthen your leadership profile.

I wouldn't worry about submitting a letter from your first employer. You were only there six months and it sounds like it won't be a strong letter, so if you can find two supervisory recommenders at your current firm who can avoid repeating the same stories in their letters you should be fine. If you wait a year before applying, you'll have even less reason to submit a letter from your first employer.

Hope this helps.

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Need advice on profile assessment (Fall 09 app) [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2008, 20:02
Thank you so much for your advice, Paul. :)
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 346 [0], given: 64

Re: Need advice on profile assessment (Fall 09 app) [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2008, 14:23
Expert's post