Joined: 10 Nov 2010
, given: 6
Need advice on the profile!! [#permalink]
06 Jan 2011, 14:14
I have given GMAT twice hoping to improve the overall score but I couldn't. last time Eng was the devil,now it is Math
I scored first time 660(Q49,V28)
This time 670(Q45,V37)
1) Basic demographic info: 31,male,Indian
2) Educational Background: B.Tech in Electronics and communication from one of the top 15 colleges of India,
10th standard : 86.5%
12th Standard: 78.75%
3) Work experience: I am in IT since last 9.5 years, all these years in Telecommunication(protocol development,application development etc.)
4) Extracurriculars: not have much extra curricular to boost about
5) Short/Long term goals: MBA preferably from India but with this low score I can go anywhere if the college is really good. Means I am looking for decent college and good ROI.
6) Schools: I shortlisted IIMB,ISB but the score doesn't let me feel good about it.[highlight]I am looking only for the Full time Executive MBA programs[/highlight].
And also one additional question,will the job prospectus be same for 2 year full program and 1 year executive programs?Do these colleges provide any help in placement for executive MBAs.
Can you please tell me which are the schools in US/Europe I can apply to,because I think this score is not good for IIMs and ISB, given the fact that I don't have very good Extracurriculars to support my score.
I want to know whether i should go for another try if I get 730 which I am sure i can get. If a score of 730 makes my chances better then I'll go for it,but I am apprehensive about the number of attempts I am taking to achieve this score,because this can go against me. Is it so??