Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 09:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need advice quick

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Need advice quick [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2011, 14:11
So ive been taking my practice CATS and keep getting 47-50 on quant but mid 20's in verbal. I think its because im really bad at sentence correction. Ive reviewed the MGMAT sentence correction book over and over but im still having a lot of trouble. Any advice? I take the real test soon.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 115

Reviews Badge
Re: Need advice quick [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2011, 16:04
geisends wrote:
So ive been taking my practice CATS and keep getting 47-50 on quant but mid 20's in verbal. I think its because im really bad at sentence correction. Ive reviewed the MGMAT sentence correction book over and over but im still having a lot of trouble. Any advice? I take the real test soon.

Did you do the OG problems for SC? I liked the OG explanations in SC. The explanations itself taught me a lot of things! Start doing some OG problems and then get back to the MGMAT SC book.
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 295

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 6

Re: Need advice quick [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2011, 09:47
Expert's post
geisends wrote:

Sounds like going through books isn't working for you. Do you know how best you learn? There's classroom, tutoring, video, etc.

If you learn best by tutoring/video, see if this video is of any help for you: http://www.gmatpill.com/og/customer01/customer01.html

Otherwise, you might need to find a friend who did really well on the exam show you exactly how to do it.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Manager
Manager
WE 1: 5.0
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 315

Re: Need advice quick [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2011, 02:28
geisends wrote:

Please inform us more how you prepared for sentence correction. Except MGMAt did you practise sample questions in og? did you carefully consider its explanations? did you know some "must" idiom of gmac? did you eliminate your answers to 2 options in which one is a correct option?
I think sc can improved if you have the right strategy.

Consider giving me kudos if you find my explanations helpful so i can learn how to express ideas to people more understandable.

Re: Need advice quick   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2011, 02:28