Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 06:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

need advise

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 46

need advise [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2009, 15:22
GMAT exam is just two weeks away, I am very inconsistent in scoring.

1) I always scored 49 in quants in gmatprep - 3 attempts with variable verbal scores and scored 680 to 700 range
2) my scores in mgmat cats are very inconsistent. just a week before i scored 670 but today scored 640 doing bad on both verbal and quants.....

i wanted to score atleast 700 + , as my target is ISB whose average is 716.

I already did complete OG 12, OG 10 & MGMAT SC for SC but doesnt seems to be improving....

any adivise, do i need to postpone my gmat, if so i can only do for a weeks time as ISB deadline is dec1
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 397 [0], given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: need advise [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 01:08
The usual mistake people do is to keep on practicing, without analysing the errors / mistakes. So everytime you practice, you get similar or little better results.

As you have already attempted so many tests, spend a full day analysing the problem areas, and prepare an error log. You would be surprised to see that generally repeated mistakes are done in few areas. E.g. in my case in Quant it was co-ordinate geometry, probability etc, and in SC it was idioms, verb form etc. Additionally my biggest problem area was reading speed in RCs.

So, do a thorough analysis, and the next 2 weeks spend your time targeting the top problematic areas. Keep attempting GMATPrep tests to see if you are improving.

ISB 2011-12 thread | Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB
All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores
Self evaluation for Why MBA?

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 46

Re: need advise [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2009, 20:19
bigoyal wrote:
The usual mistake people do is to keep on practicing, without analysing the errors / mistakes. So everytime you practice, you get similar or little better results.

As you have already attempted so many tests, spend a full day analysing the problem areas, and prepare an error log. You would be surprised to see that generally repeated mistakes are done in few areas. E.g. in my case in Quant it was co-ordinate geometry, probability etc, and in SC it was idioms, verb form etc. Additionally my biggest problem area was reading speed in RCs.

So, do a thorough analysis, and the next 2 weeks spend your time targeting the top problematic areas. Keep attempting GMATPrep tests to see if you are improving.

thanks buddy

now my score has improved in verbal ....i am thinking too much and marking wrong answers even though my mind points me the right answer. In the recent test that i took , switch 4 out of 7 wrong SCs from right to wrong answers..................................English needs to be taught with proper grammer in our indian schools....although i hail from the famous don bosco group of schools, i see no difference when it comes to grammar....
Director
Director
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 100

GMAT Tests User
Re: need advise [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2009, 21:18
ISBtarget.. you need to slow down..Be confident and trust your instincts!As bigoyal correctly suggested you need to analyze your errors..Also as your exam day approached try to stay as close to the official questions as possible..

If you are having trouble in certain topics,the tag feature will be of great help..sit down and do 25 questions from the topic you are not confident about..later on when you get a question from the same topic in your tests,believe me your confidence level be high~~

All the best..do not let the nerves get the better of you!

countdown-beginshas-ended-85483-40.html#p649902

Re: need advise   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2009, 21:18