Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2696 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 580 Q46 V24
GPA: 3.7
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1367 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2696 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 580 Q46 V24
GPA: 3.7
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Need an advice [GMAT Exam on 25.01] [#permalink]
Hi Rich, Hi Janielle,

as for the CATs, I've always skipped IR and AWA. While I'll for sure start preparing for AWA 1 week prior the exam, I'll skip IR part, as it doesn't contribute the the score (I just have to many other issues with the core test, so I'll just skip IR-part).

1) Do you have the flexibility to push back your Test Date?
No, I've already postponed the test.
2) Did you take them at home? Yes
3) Did you take them at the same time of day as your Official GMAT? No
4) Did you ever do ANYTHING during your CATs that you couldn't do on Test Day (pause the CAT, skip sections, take longer breaks, etc.)? I skipped IR and AWA sections each time.
5) Did you ever take a CAT more than once? The results stated in my signature are all for the first attempt.

By the next two tests I won't skip any part of it. Actually I had 15 minutes more to go in the verbal part as I've just skipped RCs to have more time for CR and SC and my score was 35, so this time will be sufficient to answer at least to RCs on the real test. I've big problems with general questions (main point, summary of paragraphs etc) but I can answer almost any inference question.
As for quant part, I don't think I can score below 46-47 on the real test but my target score in this section is 50. This would help me to compensate my weak verbal part.

Most wrong answers in the quant part were DS. After the last CATs, I've enhanced my DS skill.

Kind regards,
Mike
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Need an advice [GMAT Exam on 25.01] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Mike,

Practice CAT scores are only as realistic as YOU make the process of taking the CAT. The more the 'CAT-taking event' deviates from what you'll face on Test Day, the more likely the score is to be inaccurate (and in most cases, that means "inflated"). Based on everything that you've described, you have not taken any of your CATs in a realistic fashion, so we cannot trust that these score results are completely accurate. As such, I highly recommend that you take a new FULL-LENGTH CAT and do so in as realistic a fashion as is possible (take it away from your home, at the same time of day as your Official GMAT, etc.). That score result is essential to defining what you should be focusing on during these last couple of weeks.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Need an advice [GMAT Exam on 25.01] [#permalink]