Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 23:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need atleast 600 for my PhD admission - Need Strategy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need atleast 600 for my PhD admission - Need Strategy [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 18:36
Hello All,

I just finished my Masters and planning to pursue PhD at a public school here in USA.
I got a GMAT waiver for my Masters due to my Undergrad GPA. Now the school needs at least 600 GMAT score for my PhD.
I have 2 months to apply with a score. I need you expert advise and a Strategy to score atleast 600 with 2 months of study. I can dedicate atleast 2 hrs of time everyday (and more hrs during weekends) due to a full-time job.
I need the right books to study for each section for a sureshot 600.

Thanks.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 131

Kudos [?]: 228 [0], given: 10

Re: Need atleast 600 for my PhD admission - Need Strategy [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 19:12
Expert's post
It depends a great deal on how close you are now, and what areas you need the most improvement on. Have you taken a practice test yet?

Posted from my mobile device Image

Dmitry Farber | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Need atleast 600 for my PhD admission - Need Strategy [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2012, 19:58
[quote="DmitryFarber"]It depends a great deal on how close you are now, and what areas you need the most improvement on. Have you taken a practice test yet?

I have not started yet. I might need to refresh all sections. Being a very quick learner, i need the right books and strategy.
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 131

Kudos [?]: 228 [0], given: 10

Re: Need atleast 600 for my PhD admission - Need Strategy [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2012, 07:51
Expert's post
If you get one or more of our books, it comes with access to our set of 6 practice exams. I recommend that you start by taking an exam and using the provided comprehensive assessment tools to look at what areas you need to improve in, so that you can specifically target them in the next 2 months. You can get our entire set of study materials, but it's certainly a lot to do in 2 months. You can cover a lot of ground in that time, but most people take a while longer, and you may find that there are some areas you don't have time for.

Dmitry Farber | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: Need atleast 600 for my PhD admission - Need Strategy   [#permalink] 14 Jan 2012, 07:51