Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 14:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need guidance for GMAT prep

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Need guidance for GMAT prep [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 21:51
Hi guys,

I just gave GMAT last week, got poor score, 80 pts improvement from 1st attempt, but still not the score with which I want to apply to Bschools. I feel with 2 attempts at GMAT, there is flaw in my prep. Hence, I decided I need professional guidance for my last attempt at GMAT. Guys who have enrolled to classes Manhattan, Veritas, Knewton, Kaplan or local classes in INdia, please give me your views about the same. Recommendation of any other classes are also helpful. Since, I would be working I need professinal guidance whenever i need. I need sort of mentor who could guide me at every step, help me overcome my weak areas (Verbal) and improve on strengths (Q).

Needless to say your views are highly valuable.
Danke.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Need guidance for GMAT prep [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2011, 16:46
Since you're not a newbie, you may want to look into a private tutor to address your needs.

I'm in the Manhattan 9 week class and while they address your issues in class, you have to share your resources with the other people in the class.
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 278

Kudos [?]: 610 [0], given: 5

Re: Need guidance for GMAT prep [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2011, 14:59
Expert's post
As a working professional, your time may be limited. You'll want to be able to balance both work and study without making yourself go insane.

You're on the right track in terms of searching for a mentor. While the best solution may be an in-person private tutor, you may also find it to be the most expensive option as well.

Consider your learning style and the budget you have. Online video courses are a significantly less expensive and perhaps more effective way of learning - as long as your internet connection is reliable. Take a few minutes to think about how you best learn and then weigh in the cost component. If you're a visually inclined learner who needs someone to walk you through every single question - take a look at the free videos at GMAT Pill.

On the other hand, if you really need that in-person interaction, private tutoring may be the way to go. But keep in mind private tutoring involves scheduling with your tutor and lots of logistics that eat up your time. If you're about efficiency, you'll want something online.

Hope that helps!

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Need guidance for GMAT prep   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2011, 14:59