Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 03 May 2015, 11:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

need guidance in book selectn and in designing overall plan

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 112

need guidance in book selectn and in designing overall plan [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 19:22
hi all . I have just started off (second week of May 2010)with my prep for GMAT . I intend to write the exam in the first week of oct 2010 (with a target score of about 690 enough to take me to ISB ). I started off with verbal section from OG 12 and completed the 3 sections of verbal from OG 12. I have done well in CR and RC but need some more practise in SC .
please advise :

1 How do I get more questions on RC and CR?? It looks to be strong area for me but yet I would like to do about 3 passages every third day and about 25 questions of CR. ..

2 I need to strenghten my SC . Please recommend a book . Meanwhile I am doing 1000 SC to stay in the rhythm .

3 As a overall startegy for the test.. I intend to devote time from June 15 till end of July on Maths .I will start full length test in August and September to build on the stamina and see the overall test preparedness.

guys - I am preparing on my own and need your support and guidance.(unfortunately joined the club last week only /..I would have been much better off had I joined in earlier :) )
thanx
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 28 [1] , given: 0

Re: need guidance in book selectn and in designing overall plan [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 22:53
This post received
KUDOS
If you need reading comprehension and logic reasoning question try lsat test. Not all the question types apply but there are alot of good question and lsat rc is harder imo

As for SC I personally like powerscore's book over mahattans, though both are very good. Imo PS sc book gives a better overall picture while manhattan is very detailed

Ps. Kudos are always welcomed ; )

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 112

Re: need guidance in book selectn and in designing overall plan [#permalink] New post 26 May 2010, 23:18
Detran wrote:
If you need reading comprehension and logic reasoning question try lsat test. Not all the question types apply but there are alot of good question and lsat rc is harder imo

As for SC I personally like powerscore's book over mahattans, though both are very good. Imo PS sc book gives a better overall picture while manhattan is very detailed

Many thanx !!! :lol:
Re: need guidance in book selectn and in designing overall plan   [#permalink] 26 May 2010, 23:18