Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 627 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V47
GMAT 3: 780 Q49 V51
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Need guidance on the prep plan [#permalink]
You have about a month left. You should break down your studying in groups of 4-5 days. 5 dedicated days for each section starting with your weakness.

The OG13 is a good book to use. Just be careful when you run out of questions -- you can try a few on our practice pill platform. But even when you've gone through these questions already, you can go through them and challenge yourself to answer the question in half the time. This is really important -- when dday comes and you start panicking you'll see why. It's extremely important to finish the exam on time. Do what you need to do now so you can avoid retaking the exam. This will cost you a lot of time and energy and it's better to prepare well once, get it over with, and move on with life.

Best,
GMATPill
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I am starting to prepare for the gmat but i am not able to figure out which material i should go for,either OG or Kaplan.
Please suggest me on the same and on the study plan i should follow.
Thanks
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7775 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there,

How much below 50% are you scoring? The GMAT is a funny test in that even when you're doing well (700 level), you're going to miss about 40% of the questions. Under 50% is a problem, but is this across the board? Are some problem types much worse than others? Also, is your accuracy level consistently low, or are you running into timing trouble as the test progresses? If that's the case, you can improve your accuracy simply by letting go of the more time-consuming problems and leaving yourself adequate time to finish.

Assuming that timing is not the issue, you want to look at what kinds of trouble you're having. When you miss a problem, is it because you didn't know the relevant content well enough, because you misunderstood the question, because you made a small math error, because you missed a key term . . . ? Whatever is going wrong, you need to take steps to correct it. Maybe you are rushing too much, or not writing enough down, or not reading the question carefully enough. Maybe there are some topics you just don't have a strong enough grasp of, and you need to go through a few representative problems several times until they feel smooth and easy to execute.

I hope this helps. If you provide some more specifics, I may be able to give you more detailed advice.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Mads,

I'm happy to follow up with more specific advice, but please provide some details. What topics are you having the most trouble with? How is your timing on the exam? Are you just studying from the OG or are you using instructional materials? Tell us as much as you can and I'll see what I can suggest.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Need guidance on the prep plan [#permalink]
Hi DF,

I did take coaching (an 11 week course) from one of the institutes here, and they have taught the basic concepts and methods applicable in Gmat exam. I've the study material from them as well which i was following.
Then i've the OG and recently have started with the Manhattan material. Have started with SC and CR both simultaneously.
Look forward to feedback from you.

Thanks,
Mads
Send PM
Expert Reply
I'm glad you're getting some instruction in. However, I still don't have any information upon which to base my advice. How is your timing? Are you able to complete a section of the exam without running out of time? (When someone isn't progressing, this is often one of the main problems.) Are you below 50% in all topics? What topics are giving you the most trouble? When you miss problems, is it because you don't know the content, or you miss a step, or you misread the text, or you have trouble putting together a solution strategy?

Also, if you take a Manhattan CAT, PM me your account info and I can take a look at it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Dmitry,
Need little help from you... I've to give GMAT in 4 weeks. Gave 2 Manhattan CAT and in both my score is very very low... 480 in first and 460 in second...
I'm doing revision of the basic rules of verbal and Quant. Really not sure how should i better my preparation. I really want to get highest score possible (target to get 700+)... Pls help to see the test i've attempted as i really want to understand which area i need to make stronger..
have planned to do at least 20-25 questions of each verbal & quant every day from now on and review the errors and improve where all required and on weekends attempt 1 CAT and review it.
Look forward to your response.

Thanks
Mads
My account on Manhattangmat.com is by the name of - Madhvi Chopra. let me know what else you would need to know to review the tests.
GMAT Club Bot