Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Nov 2014, 09:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need guidance - Targeting 700+

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT Date: 03-25-2014
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 129

Need guidance - Targeting 700+ [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 23:56
Hi Guys,

Posting for the first time on this forum but have been a avid reader and really do appreciate the awesome work everyone does here.

Finally, I have scheduled my GMAT for 30-dec-2013 and need a bit of guidance.

Story So far:
Target Score: 700+
GMAT Prep Test 1 as a diagnostic test before starting my prep - 650(Q47/V32).
GMAT Prep Test 1 Retake after completing Quant section preparation - 660(Q49,V32). Would appreciate if I can get input on the improvement of 2 points in quant section. I know the sample size of 1 is too less but still.
Referred to the following for my prep:
1. 60 day GMAT plan using MGMAT - Did not religiously follow it due to multiple reasons but would provide my 2 cents after my GMAT :)
2. Q - MGMAT books
3. Verbal:
SC - MGMAT SC
CR - Powerscore Bible
RC - Skimmed through forums and MGMAT - Practicing questions and would finish the official guide questions by this week.
4. Practice questions - OG13 and 2nd edition books

For SC and CR while my accuracy was >90% during the first half of the section but it deteriorated in the second half(which is expected as the questions tend to get harder). My over all accuracy for both the sections was around 75%. I am not sure how to read into this. I do know, one need not get 100% questions right for a good score but would still like to know how did I fare.

Additionally my plan till the GMAT(30-Dec-2013) is:
1. Finish RC section till 16-Nov-2013
2. From Mid Nov till test date:
Take Full Length tests (MGMAT tests and few free tests from reputed institutes) and anlyze them
Revision - Quant,SC,CR
Prepare - AWA, IR

Would be great if I can get inputs on this plan for the next 1.5 months till my GMAT.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers..
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 66

Kudos [?]: 159 [1] , given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Need guidance - Targeting 700+ [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 06:47
This post received
KUDOS
reddevils wrote:
Hi Guys,

Posting for the first time on this forum but have been a avid reader and really do appreciate the awesome work everyone does here.

Finally, I have scheduled my GMAT for 30-dec-2013 and need a bit of guidance.

Story So far:
Target Score: 700+
GMAT Prep Test 1 as a diagnostic test before starting my prep - 650(Q47/V32).
GMAT Prep Test 1 Retake after completing Quant section preparation - 660(Q49,V32). Would appreciate if I can get input on the improvement of 2 points in quant section. I know the sample size of 1 is too less but still.
Referred to the following for my prep:
1. 60 day GMAT plan using MGMAT - Did not religiously follow it due to multiple reasons but would provide my 2 cents after my GMAT :)
2. Q - MGMAT books
3. Verbal:
SC - MGMAT SC
CR - Powerscore Bible
RC - Skimmed through forums and MGMAT - Practicing questions and would finish the official guide questions by this week.
4. Practice questions - OG13 and 2nd edition books

For SC and CR while my accuracy was >90% during the first half of the section but it deteriorated in the second half(which is expected as the questions tend to get harder). My over all accuracy for both the sections was around 75%. I am not sure how to read into this. I do know, one need not get 100% questions right for a good score but would still like to know how did I fare.

Additionally my plan till the GMAT(30-Dec-2013) is:
1. Finish RC section till 16-Nov-2013
2. From Mid Nov till test date:
Take Full Length tests (MGMAT tests and few free tests from reputed institutes) and anlyze them
Revision - Quant,SC,CR
Prepare - AWA, IR

Would be great if I can get inputs on this plan for the next 1.5 months till my GMAT.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers..

Sounds good to me. :)

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Intern
Intern

Re: Need guidance - Targeting 700+ [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2013, 08:11
Hi,

I have couple of weeks to go to my GMAT date. Following is my progress (or the lack of it) in the past 3 weeks.

GMAT Prep 1 before starting the prep - 650(Q47/V32) - without IR/AWA

In the past 3 weeks:
MGMAT 1 - 650 (Q43,V36) - Without IT/AWA
MGMAT 2 - 670 (Q46,V35) - With IR
MGMAT 3 - 660 (Q44,V36) - With IR
MGMAT 4 - 680 (Q47,V36) - With IR

GMAT Prep 2 - 700 (Q48,V38) - With IR/AWA. Took it yesterday with 2-3 repeats for some reason from GMAT prep 1( may be re-installation switched Tests 1 and 2 databank?)

I am targetting a score of 700+ and would like to know what I can do better in the final 2 weeks of prep. I have planned to stick to OG/GMATPrep/official guides questions for the last two weeks. Not sure if that is the right approach so would appreciate inputs.
Moreover, was planning to focus more on verbal than quant may be in the ratio of 60-40.

Also, one query regarding the test booklet for rough work. I tend to use up a lot of space while doing rough calculations in quant section and the font size of the handwriting is really big :P . I do tend to use up more sheets than 5/6. Can we get multiple booklets for one section at the start of the section as I do not want to get a new booklet in between quant section? Also, is the booklet limited to 5/6 sheets for rough work?

In anticipation of inputs.

Cheers..
Intern
Intern

Re: Need guidance - Targeting 700+ [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2013, 10:58
Any inputs would be more than appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Need guidance - Targeting 700+   [#permalink] 16 Dec 2013, 10:58