Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 13:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need guidance to Improve Verbal Score !!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GMAT Date: 11-21-2012
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Need guidance to Improve Verbal Score !!! [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2012, 11:39
I am preparing for GMAT from last 1.5 months.
I have gone through Manhattan SC, Powerprep CR and OG 12 ( CR and SC completed, working on other section)

I gave MGMAT GMAT 1 - 520 ( Q46, V 17) ( 1month back)
GMAT Prep 1 - 560 ( Q 49, V 17) (2 weeks back)
MGMAT GMAT 2 - 590( Q 44, V 27) (today)

I am sure that can improve Quant score till 50-51.
But looking for suggestion to improve Verbal. ( currently my accuracy in verbal is 67% in CR, 65% in RC and 40% in SC)

I have booked GMAT date as 18th of Oct.... Please suggest... and share your experience...

Thanks & Regards
Prem
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: IE'14, ISB'14, Kellogg'15
WE 1: 7 Yrs in Automobile (Commercial Vehicle industry)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 161 [0], given: 50

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Need guidance to Improve Verbal Score !!! [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2012, 05:11
U can check with e-gmat verbal course. From 1st sep 2012 new batch is comming up. Definitely u can improve on verbal.

Regards
SD
-----------------------------
Press Kudos if you like my post.
Debrief 610-540-580-710(Long Journey): from-600-540-580-710-finally-achieved-in-4th-attempt-142456.html

Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 213

Kudos [?]: 321 [0], given: 5

Re: Need guidance to Improve Verbal Score !!! [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2012, 11:17
Expert's post
prem2056 wrote:
I am preparing for GMAT from last 1.5 months.
I have gone through Manhattan SC, Powerprep CR and OG 12 ( CR and SC completed, working on other section)

I gave MGMAT GMAT 1 - 520 ( Q46, V 17) ( 1month back)
GMAT Prep 1 - 560 ( Q 49, V 17) (2 weeks back)
MGMAT GMAT 2 - 590( Q 44, V 27) (today)

I am sure that can improve Quant score till 50-51.
But looking for suggestion to improve Verbal. ( currently my accuracy in verbal is 67% in CR, 65% in RC and 40% in SC)

I have booked GMAT date as 18th of Oct.... Please suggest... and share your experience...

Thanks & Regards
Prem

To improve your GMAT score, you need to focus on your areas of weakness. Your data suggests that you should absolutely be focusing on SC. You say you did the MGMAT strategy guide, so that is a good start, but you probably need to review it again and take a "topic" based approach. You should start with a category of grammatical issues, subject/verb agreement for example, and work through the section in the strategy guide along with the associated pracitce problems. Then look at the OG problems that test subject/verb agreement. Spend LOTS of time reviewing your work, both the questions you got right and those you got wrong. The explanations in the OG aren't amazing, but they do a pretty good job showing the various errors in each choice. You goal should be mastery of the topic, not just completing all the problems.

How is your timing?

KW

Kyle Widdison | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | Utah

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 11

Re: Need guidance to Improve Verbal Score !!! [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2012, 17:27
Do a lot of SC questions. One at a time and try to get something out of each question.
Understand what is wrong with every answer choice for each question. Search the questions here for explanation. Great resources and people here but take everything w a grain of salt.
Re: Need guidance to Improve Verbal Score !!!   [#permalink] 11 Sep 2012, 17:27