Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 16:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Need help [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 20:02
To all the Gmat pros,

I have just taken my gmat and I chocked in my exam even after 3 months of training. Need help. Please !
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 29

Re: Need help [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2011, 00:35
Please provide more details, so that you may receive a more-specific advice, not just generalities.

In the meantime, I am assuming you have not checked these out yet:

* GMAT Study Plan for GMAT Novices
* Build Your Study Plan
* Get inspiration and glean strategies from The Best GMAT Stories
* Get the Best GMAT Books
* Take more sample GMAT Tests
* When you feel you need some harder challenges, start working on the GMAT Club Tests
* Many have faced the challenge of retaking the GMAT, not knowing where to start, what to improve, what they did wrong the previous time - their stories are here.
* Use an error log (it will become your best study guide)
* Time yourself
* Use additional study aids for the times you commute, cook, work out, etc:
- flashcards
- iPhone app
- create your own audio study aids

I hope this helps,
Good luck, priyalr!

If you found my contribution helpful, please click the +1 Kudos button on the left, I kinda need some =)

When you give kudos, you do not lose your previously earned kudos, you rather contribute to the forum's culture of appreciation.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 8

Re: Need help [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2011, 02:17
Take some time to relax and when you feel like discussing things, then post your detailed score and prep specifics. Half of the people in this forum are second timers(including me :-D ) so chill, you are not the only one to screw up.

Zuber
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Need help [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2011, 21:40
Hi guys,

Firstly thank you for your replies. As per your request here's my study plan which I used for my gmat prep.

I had enrolled to one of the well known coaching institute, which hasn't got good reviews on gmatclub.

1st month : I studied the notes given to me by the institute, solved a good no. of papaer based test scored well in those tests. My quant was a weak area for me since school days so i focused more on quant.
2nd month: Took a cambridge test to see where i stand. got a 500 :( . My verbal score was bad. So i realised to balance both verbal and quant. Hence, I went back to old school. Did few RC passage eveyday with some SC and CR. Later choose a Math topic and solve more questions on it.
3rd month: Things went for a toss. Don't know why ? I coudn't get my CR questions. Also, my SC as I took lot of time to choose the best answer. I realised I'm not prepared for Gmat this month so i postponed it for 1 month. My strategy was to solve just computer based test. Did a lot of 800score test for both Quant and Verbal. I use to score 32 - 36 in Verbal and 38 -42 in quant. I took a Gmat prep test to see where I stand, and I choked as the questions were tough. So I guess these test didn't help me much. By thiis time I ws really depressed as I wasn't working and still the performance was no where close to my expectations.
4th month: I just took Gmat prep test got an improvement in Quant score from 33 to gradually 44, but my Verbal was still at 30 -32. Also I believe, i took the gmat prep test over the more than twice so i got repeated questions, which inferes that the test I had taken were pointless. In the end I got a bad 520 on actual exam.

On the exam day, I some how choked. I was blank with most of the math questions and verbal took a lot of time to solve, in the I had to just mark around 6 -8 questions which proved costly.

I have read all the links about gmat plan, error log etc. but honestly didn't use it at all. Please do guide me about my studyplan and how should I go about it. I have to do things differently this time inorder to crack the GMAT.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 8

Re: Need help [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 00:28
priyalr wrote:
Hi guys,

Firstly thank you for your replies. As per your request here's my study plan which I used for my gmat prep.

I had enrolled to one of the well known coaching institute, which hasn't got good reviews on gmatclub.

1st month : I studied the notes given to me by the institute, solved a good no. of papaer based test scored well in those tests. My quant was a weak area for me since school days so i focused more on quant.
2nd month: Took a cambridge test to see where i stand. got a 500 :( . My verbal score was bad. So i realised to balance both verbal and quant. Hence, I went back to old school. Did few RC passage eveyday with some SC and CR. Later choose a Math topic and solve more questions on it.
3rd month: Things went for a toss. Don't know why ? I coudn't get my CR questions. Also, my SC as I took lot of time to choose the best answer. I realised I'm not prepared for Gmat this month so i postponed it for 1 month. My strategy was to solve just computer based test. Did a lot of 800score test for both Quant and Verbal. I use to score 32 - 36 in Verbal and 38 -42 in quant. I took a Gmat prep test to see where I stand, and I choked as the questions were tough. So I guess these test didn't help me much. By thiis time I ws really depressed as I wasn't working and still the performance was no where close to my expectations.
4th month: I just took Gmat prep test got an improvement in Quant score from 33 to gradually 44, but my Verbal was still at 30 -32. Also I believe, i took the gmat prep test over the more than twice so i got repeated questions, which inferes that the test I had taken were pointless. In the end I got a bad 520 on actual exam.

On the exam day, I some how choked. I was blank with most of the math questions and verbal took a lot of time to solve, in the I had to just mark around 6 -8 questions which proved costly.

I have read all the links about gmat plan, error log etc. but honestly didn't use it at all. Please do guide me about my studyplan and how should I go about it. I have to do things differently this time inorder to crack the GMAT.

Try to finish MGMAT SC , it is the best book you can get for SC.
CR, try for Aristotle CR grail.
RC comes through practice.

Quants , if you are from india i am sure you would have heard of authors such as RS Agarwal , . Try out his quant prep book. It would really help .

Regards,
Zuber
Re: Need help   [#permalink] 26 Apr 2011, 00:28