Hey Vicmayer ,
Congrats on being a would - be Father !
1. Whats your target school and what is the application deadline for it ?
2. Can you apply in round 2 to your target schools ? applying in round 2 will reduce your changes as your app faces more competition ? Is is the scenario ?
3. Decide the above factors and reschedule your test date first ! , say may be by a month or two ! No Hurry if you are well within deadlines of at least round 2 for your target schools.
4. At the earliest take a free Gmat Prep test and gauge your level in verbal and quant !
5. Take a free Manhattan quant diagnostic test. ( Sign up for a free account , click student center tab, go to Cat exams & diagnostics Tab , and on right you can see Basic math Diagnostic ). Based on the score there gran Math Foundations Book from Mgmat Store . Take a week to complete it ( 2-3 hours daily ).
6. Go to http://www.manhattangmat.com/tutorials/
and click on Absolute values tutorial. Follow all the other quant tutorials too from there. These tutorials are free and excellent which are not even covered in their books.
7. Grab all Five quant books from Manhattan store. Start with Number properties , then Fractions and decimals , then equations , inequations book , then word translations and geometry.
Take a Month from now to complete the above process. Best part of it it Manhattan guides refer to OG 12
for home work, so grab the concepts from mgmat books
, learn and implement on oG problems as directed by mgmat books
. I have seen several cases , where several people report , Quant standard in Gmat has increased. As a perspective MBA student, develop your quant skills .
Once done go with.
1. Gmat Math Book
2. Gmat Club tests
Both excellent resources available on Gmat Club to take you to 50 in Quant.
Hope that was helpful.
Kind of stuck.....
I started studying for the GMAT one year ago. After 2 months of studying for it, I scored a 390 (pathetic) . I felt terrible during the test and my math skills, well (my GMAT math skills) are terrible. I left the MBA dream hanging for a year.
A year later I started studying for the test again. I took the 6 week veritas
course. (highly recommended) . But again, I can't seem to understand the concept of algebra (quantitative) section. I am very frustrated and have a terrible attitude. I am trying my best, but when it comes to quant, I just feel not confident and it is affecting my confidence level and also affecting personal.
I need help!!! I need someone yo support me with a type of study plan. I am taking another test in three weeks and I do not feel prepared. I would like to start my MBA on August 2012 and really need help. And by the way, I am having a baby in the next couple of weeks. (talk about &$();?,!;) stress!)
After the baby comes, I would like to either take the test and see how it goes, or re-schedule for a later date. What would you recommend?
Thank you guys!!!!
Am i worth a Kudo ? Life's around GMAT for the Moment