Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: CMU (Tepper) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
Re: Need Help Choosing School [#permalink]
Yes - the only reason to NOT go with Ross would be if you were just trying to satisfy some minimum requirement (aka you must have an MBA to apply)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for your replies. I should clarify that I didn't apply to Ross. I was accepted into the online MBA program from University of Michigan - Dearborn. Having said that, do you still agree that it's worth the extra money for a highly ranked school? Would you choose Arizona State (ranked 27th) over Auburn or Nebraska (who are not ranked)?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Hi Bukow,

I think most of people here know a lot about full-time MBA pr. at top BS schools.
As about online programmes at lower ranked schools there is less intrest here in those programs. Saying that I think for you iot would be difficult to find a response to your question.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ACFE Member, CalCPA Member
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Concentration: General
Schools:Duke - Fuqua
 Q44  V38
WE 1: CPA & CFE with 7 years of experience
Send PM
Bukow wrote:
Thank you for your replies. I should clarify that I didn't apply to Ross. I was accepted into the online MBA program from University of Michigan - Dearborn. Having said that, do you still agree that it's worth the extra money for a highly ranked school? Would you choose Arizona State (ranked 27th) over Auburn or Nebraska (who are not ranked)?

Well I guess I'll add my two cents here. I do think, depending on your goals, that it is worth the cost to attend a higher ranked school. It isn't just that Arizona is higher ranked, but that they have moved up the rankings over the past five years. This doesn't mean that they will continue to do so, but it is a good sign to me. Of course this begs the question on which rankings you look at. For me, I've noted that in the global rankings of the Financial Times, ASU has moved up in some big areas like overall global rank (#64 in the world), employment 3 months after graduation (89%), and salary percentage increase (96%).

Another big (huge) consideration for me is that the MBA diploma that you get from ASU is exactly the same as if you went there in their full-time program. There is no differentiation. You have the same content, same information, same degree and transcripts. You might look into the other programs you are accepted to in order to see if that is the case with them. I have noticed that some schools give a different diploma. That could make an impact for your resume and hiring options in the future.

Let me know if you decide on ASU as I decided on that school myself. We would be seeing each other for the mandatory orientation in July. I did a ton of research and that was just the best bet. Also, I have had a fantastic experience with their admissions as well as their financial services department. The online set-up that I have now that I'm enrolled is also incredibly easy to use. That speaks volumes to me for an online program. Let me know if you have any specific questions about ASU. Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks VinceCPA. Your response was very helpful. I recently got in touch with an old high school friend who also went to ASU so I'm going to pick his brain on this subject as well. At this point, I'm leaning toward ASU. I'll definitely let you know if I attend as it would be good to already (kind of) know someone at the orientation. Thanks again!
GMAT Club Bot