Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 06:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help finding tutor or course in Shenzhen, China

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-04-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Need help finding tutor or course in Shenzhen, China [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 08:06
Hey everyone,

Been always more of a lurker around the forum. I was slightly unmotivated after my last score (520) with just self study. I have all the Manhattan GMAT books, the official books and the Kaplan Math Refresher.

Guess I have to face that for my case self-study will not be enough, that I need at least someone to be able to coach me through. My main issues are with the Quant part. Could anyone help refer me to a course or a tutor or even a online course here in Shenzhen? I live next to HK and since I have a full time job I wouldn't be able to go cross-border that frequently..

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated! I really hope to get into a MBA this turn around.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Followers: 495

Kudos [?]: 2028 [0], given: 30

Re: Need help finding tutor or course in Shenzhen, China [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 10:07
Expert's post
yoniiix wrote:
Hey everyone,

Been always more of a lurker around the forum. I was slightly unmotivated after my last score (520) with just self study. I have all the Manhattan GMAT books, the official books and the Kaplan Math Refresher.

Guess I have to face that for my case self-study will not be enough, that I need at least someone to be able to coach me through. My main issues are with the Quant part. Could anyone help refer me to a course or a tutor or even a online course here in Shenzhen? I live next to HK and since I have a full time job I wouldn't be able to go cross-border that frequently..

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated! I really hope to get into a MBA this turn around.

Dear yoniiix,

I'm sorry to hear about your low score the first time. It does sound like re-taking the GMAT is a good idea. I am glad to hear you have the MGMAT, which are arguably the best resources in print.

I would like to recommend Magoosh. It actually would be considerably cheaper than private tutoring, and it would provide you with the support you need. We have 200+ video lessons, providing all the content and strategy you need on the GMAT. We provide 24-hr online support for all our questions and all the questions in the official material, so if you don't understand something, we will give you an exhaustive answer to your particular question: in this sense, it's like online private tutoring. I don't know when you plan to retake the exam, but we have a variety of study plans you will find helpful:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/gmat-study-schedule/
Here's a blog that summarizes the math equations you need for the GMAT:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2013/gmat-math-equations/
Each one of our questions has it's own video explanation, for accelerated learning --- if you get the question incorrect, then right away you can watch a video and learn about what you did. Here's a sentence correction question:
http://gmat.magoosh.com/questions/3219
Here's a DS question:
http://gmat.magoosh.com/questions/878.
Here's a PS question:
http://gmat.magoosh.com/questions/81
You can see testimonials here:
http://gmat.magoosh.com/testimonials
Finally, because you have already taken a GMAT, you would qualify for our score guarantee.
http://gmat.magoosh.com/score-guarantee

Even if you decide not to pursue Magoosh, please use our free blog --- there's a ton there that could help you. Also, if you have any questions you post here on GC, feel free to solicit my help.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 01-04-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Need help finding tutor or course in Shenzhen, China [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 06:48
This post received
KUDOS
Mike, thanks very much for your reply and I am considering signing up for the online coaching. Since I'm planning to enroll for next year I'm not sure if I should do the 6-month study plan or the 3-month one. I guess I have plenty of time and I do hope to get close to 700points (which in honesty is quite the leap). With Magoosh do you also provide any IR practice questions?
Expert Post
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Followers: 495

Kudos [?]: 2028 [0], given: 30

Re: Need help finding tutor or course in Shenzhen, China [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 09:10
Expert's post
yoniiix wrote:
Mike, thanks very much for your reply and I am considering signing up for the online coaching. Since I'm planning to enroll for next year I'm not sure if I should do the 6-month study plan or the 3-month one. I guess I have plenty of time and I do hope to get close to 700points (which in honesty is quite the leap). With Magoosh do you also provide any IR practice questions?

Dear Yoniiix,
I'd recommend the six month plan, which obviously has more material than the three month plan. If you have the time, do more material.
Magoosh has a full set of IR video lessons and a few IR practice questions --- more are on the way.
Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Re: Need help finding tutor or course in Shenzhen, China   [#permalink] 09 Apr 2013, 09:10