Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 20:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NEED HELP! GMAT 570 please advise

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

NEED HELP! GMAT 570 please advise [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2012, 11:04
Hi Guys,

I just took the GMAT and scored 570 (34Q, 34V). Needless to say I am very disappointed right now. In my most recent practice exams through MGMAT I scored 600 (40Q, 30V) and 630 (38Q, 37V). Once I hit 630, things seemed to be coming together and my scores were increasing. I'm not exactly sure where to go from here. I don't want to start studying from the beginning again, but need to pick up somewhere.

I have never actually gone through the MGMAT books pertaining to each section, and thought that might be a good idea. I need at least a 650 to get into the MBA programs I am interested in. I was very surprised at the 570, as it is 60 points lower than a prep test I took only two days ago. Can you please provide some advice on improving both my math and verbal scores, and sense of the timeline I am looking at? It is difficult to study a lot every day as I work full time as a financial analyst and often have some long hours. ANY advice would help at this point.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.92
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: NEED HELP! GMAT 570 please advise [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2012, 22:36
mayb12 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I just took the GMAT and scored 570 (34Q, 34V). Needless to say I am very disappointed right now. In my most recent practice exams through MGMAT I scored 600 (40Q, 30V) and 630 (38Q, 37V). Once I hit 630, things seemed to be coming together and my scores were increasing. I'm not exactly sure where to go from here. I don't want to start studying from the beginning again, but need to pick up somewhere.

I have never actually gone through the MGMAT books pertaining to each section, and thought that might be a good idea. I need at least a 650 to get into the MBA programs I am interested in. I was very surprised at the 570, as it is 60 points lower than a prep test I took only two days ago. Can you please provide some advice on improving both my math and verbal scores, and sense of the timeline I am looking at? It is difficult to study a lot every day as I work full time as a financial analyst and often have some long hours. ANY advice would help at this point.

Hi
Your Quant scores are good. Its VERBAL where you need to put in more efforts.
Refer to my blog (in my sign) for Verbal prep.

You also need to identify the problem area and work upon it.
So when you say you get a low score, there are two reasons for it:
1. You get more questions wrong - in this is the case, its time to go back to the basics. Short-list the areas where you are weak and get thorough with the concepts.
2. You have time crunch which leaves some questions un-attempted - here, take more and more full time practice tests

Regards
BUZZZ
www.gmatexecmba.blogspot.com

Re: NEED HELP! GMAT 570 please advise   [#permalink] 08 Dec 2012, 22:36