I am new to this site..
I scored 600 in GMAT in 2009
I have completed 2 years in an IT company(Tata Consultancy services)
Can you please advice me on few basic things:
1. Is this the right time to apply?
2. Is this GMAT score enough to get atleast good (ok) college? or should I re attempt?
3. Can I apply for B schools now as I have got a work ex of 2 years?
4. Is there a probability of getting a good college with above score and work ex?
5. Which colleges should I target?
6. What is the average total expense?
7. What will be the average Package offered?
I know these questions are simple and bit stupid at this point of time .
Please help me on this so that I could at least plan what should be my next step
I would recommend retaking the exam to increase your chances at a better school.
You have a few things against you - 2yrs (vs avg of 5 years), indian male (i'm presuming), and IT.
2yrs is do-able - but usually if you were female your odds are bit better.
A score of 600 can also be higher based on your background. If not, you should prob develop another 2 years of experience with that score and demonstrate achievement/leadership.
Average total expense? It's quite expense depending on which types of schools. THey can go as high as $50K per year with many of the top schools going on many trips which will cost you a lot of money as well. Smaller state school institutions might be may be $10-$20K - but do your research on this. Many will be $40K-ish.
... and more
What's Inside GMAT Pill?
Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)
GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test