Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64907 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.24
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Need Help & Guidance [#permalink]
amit1376 wrote:
Thanks mam for the reply. Good B School would be top 10 for me. Secondly, I would prefer a full time (1 yr) MBA as compared to Ex. MBA and thirdly, the kind of program would be General Management.

Please guide if the information above suffices.

Hi Amit,

I agree with Karishma. Considering your work experience, you should check out Executive MBA. Please don't confuse them with part-time MBA or certificate courses. Executive MBA in India are 1-year full-time degrees. They are the Indian equivalent of the 1-year MBA degrees offered in European universities. Also, in case you want to apply to the top 10 colleges abroad, I would recommend retaking the GMAT and aiming for a 700. You do have a lot of work experience, but for the Indian pool of applicants a 610 is a below average score. So having a high GMAT score would definitely help your application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you so much. I will definitely retake the exam. But would like to know the difference between ex mba and 1 yr mba. How do recruiters perceive the 2 courses.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3.24
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
amit1376 wrote:
Thank you so much. I will definitely retake the exam. But would like to know the difference between ex mba and 1 yr mba. How do recruiters perceive the 2 courses.

Hi Amit,

Executive MBA in India and 1-year MBA abroad are the same. They're designed for the experienced professionals. The only difference is that the Indian executive MBAs are cheaper than the ones abroad. The best ones in India are by IIM- A, IIM-B, IIM-C, XLRI, and SP Jain. The best ones abroad are by INSEAD, London Business School, University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, IE Business School, and a few others in Europe.

Ultimately, you would have to decide what your budget is and what your post-MBA goals are. Pretty much all good B-schools can help you achieve your goals post-MBA. It's all a matter of preference and budget.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
I would almost say you MUST re-take if you want to go for the top 10 B-schools...

Focus on the verbal part and take an online course for high improvement for reasonable rates.

The best verbal courses are Optimus Prep's verball booster for only $199, magoosh or e-gmat
GMAT Club Bot