Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 10:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Help Horrible score in gmat!!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Need Help Horrible score in gmat!!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2013, 03:54
Hello everyone!!!
I gave my gmat on August 25th 2013 after at least 8 months of prepartion. I am very sad to say that i just managed to score 540 (Q-40,V 24).
I really dont know what went wrong.
For my prepartion i did OG 13,OG 12, OG11, OG 10
Quant 1st edition
Quant 2nd edidtion
Verbal review 2nd edition
Initially i was weak in CR, RC and quant. even though im not a native speaker i managed SC. my accuracy rate in all og's was 85% for sc.
After doing dese many og's and verbal review i was doing good in CR but RC was still a problem for me.
I did all the cr and rc questions from Gmat prep.
For my quant did all the books mentioned above.my test scores were

gmat prep1 :700(q-50, v34)
gmat prep2 710(q-46,v41)
Manahttan all tests average score :650 (Q-range 41-44, verbal 35-37

i even left my job for full time preparation. I was really confident that i would get above 650 at least. i dont know wat happened. on the exam day i got really confused with first few questions in quant, i was not sure about their answers and wasted a lot of time on these questions, Similarly in verbal first few questions were really confusing nd again my timing got in screwed in this section.
im really confused now dont know wat to do. I just rebooked my date for 21st oct,2013. But i dnt know from where to start i put so much effort the first time but still ended up with 540
I have joined gmat club tests to improve my quant score. But i still feel my basic concepts are not clear.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 600 Q50 V22
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 12

Re: Need Help Horrible score in gmat!!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2013, 04:18
Though i am not a 700+ scorer to advise but still I think, watching your scores, that you are already there .
Just be patient and try to analyze what went wrong and gear up for the next date.

Practice some more tests , one of them is http://gmat.sbs.ox.ac.uk/ , which i just posted on the forum too .
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 22

Re: Need Help Horrible score in gmat!!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2013, 05:17
himanshu16vit wrote:
Hello everyone!!!
I gave my gmat on August 25th 2013 after at least 8 months of prepartion. I am very sad to say that i just managed to score 540 (Q-40,V 24).
I really dont know what went wrong.
For my prepartion i did OG 13,OG 12, OG11, OG 10
Quant 1st edition
Quant 2nd edidtion
Verbal review 2nd edition
Initially i was weak in CR, RC and quant. even though im not a native speaker i managed SC. my accuracy rate in all og's was 85% for sc.
After doing dese many og's and verbal review i was doing good in CR but RC was still a problem for me.

It was just an off day for you mate..may be you were a bit under pressure, given that you already left your job (just an assumption)..I am dead sure given the scores you got in GMAT prep tests, 540 was never an actual indicator..you should do well...just rebook your gmat dates after a month, buy a new test series -Kaplan or any good tests of your choice..keep practicing and I am sure you would improve in the next test..just make sure you learn from your mistakes in the 1st attempt and try rectifying the same in the mocks..

All d best..you would rock!!!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 520 Q35 V26
GMAT 2: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 3: Q V

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 8

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Need Help Horrible score in gmat!!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2013, 12:37
It looks like you had an off day. I'm sure you'll do better next time. Those gmatclub tests will help alot. If you go through each one and understand the questions. You will definitely improve. I was in a similar situation, bombed my first gmat. Then I purchased the gmatclub tests and improved 150 pts and now looking to break 700.

Really appreciate Kudos!

Re: Need Help Horrible score in gmat!!!!   [#permalink] 31 Aug 2013, 12:37