Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 16:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help in deciding for Purdue

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Need help in deciding for Purdue [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2012, 09:30
Folks,

I am planning to apply to Purdue University for an MBA. I see that there are 2 purdues. One is Purdue Calumet and the other is Purdue Krannert.
Let me give you my background and ask my questions after that. :) .

I completed B.Tech (equivalent to B.E. in US) in 2007 in the field of Computer Science and engineering. I am from India. The college that I did B.tech. from is named IILM academy of higher learning. Its located near Delhi. I live in Delhi. After that, I started with an IT company. I spend 6 months in the first, then a 6 month break, then 3 years in the second, 6 months in the next, and I am working in current company since November 2011. Now, I am planning to take GMAT in September (around 15th) to apply for the Jan session in Purdue whose last date of application is October 15th. I started studying for GMAT 2 years ago and dropped it after 4 months as I thought I should get a more solid work experience before going for my MBA.

Questions:
1) What is the difference between the 2 purdues?
2) How much score in GMAT do I need to get in there considering my work experience is 4.5 years right now?
3) Is my work experience painting a negative picture about me as I changed 2 companies in 6 months each? Will it affect my selection process? Will it affect my first job offer?
4) Are there campus placements in place after I complete my MBA? If not, then how do we go about it? I dont mind working at a gas station for a few months, but I am really worried that if I take a huge loan (about 27K USD) from a bank and if I dont get a job in US, I will be forced to come back to India where I would be earning peanuts. Right now, the reason I want to do MBA is to experience the new cultures, and spend like 3 4 years in US working after MBA and then come back to India and continue working here.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Need help in deciding for Purdue [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2012, 11:31
Bumpity bump... Anyone? I kinda am in a hurry..
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Need help in deciding for Purdue [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2012, 12:03
hellraiser06 wrote:
Folks,
Questions:
1) What is the difference between the 2 purdues?
2) How much score in GMAT do I need to get in there considering my work experience is 4.5 years right now?
3) Is my work experience painting a negative picture about me as I changed 2 companies in 6 months each? Will it affect my selection process? Will it affect my first job offer?
4) Are there campus placements in place after I complete my MBA? If not, then how do we go about it? I dont mind working at a gas station for a few months, but I am really worried that if I take a huge loan (about 27K USD) from a bank and if I dont get a job in US, I will be forced to come back to India where I would be earning peanuts. Right now, the reason I want to do MBA is to experience the new cultures, and spend like 3 4 years in US working after MBA and then come back to India and continue working here.

1) The Purdue university system is made up of a few schools (I think around 6), anyway, the main campus, and well known Purdue University is in West Lafayette, and its Business School is Krannert. If Calumet offers an MBA, IT IS NOT THE SAME.

2) The 80% range was 525-720(Average 635)... But, there's no way to determine what you will need based on such little info.

3) No clue... Maybe? Maybe not. If you're worried, address the reason in your optional essay

4) I don't know.
Re: Need help in deciding for Purdue   [#permalink] 10 Aug 2012, 12:03