Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 14:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Help In Finding Realistic Verbal Questions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q36 V41
GMAT 2: 630 Q42 V34
GMAT 3: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 4: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 5: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 2.71
WE: Underwriter (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 20

Need Help In Finding Realistic Verbal Questions [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 11:17
I am gearing up for my 4th attempt at the GMAT this year, and 5th in the past two years. Since I have taken the GMAT so many times in the course of two years, I have exhausted all of the reading comprehension and critical reasoning questions from the 12th edition of the official guide along with both 1st and 2nd edition verbal supplements. I even went back to the 11th edition and did the problems that did not apear in the 12th edition.

For the past few weeks, I have been studying LSAT RC and CR, but I would like to shift back to more GMAT like questions as my exam date nears. Any advice on where to find some quality / realistic reading comp and critical reasoning questions?

I also have run through all of the sentence corrections questions from the above guides. Lately, I have been using the SC questions from PowerPrep, but I'm about to run out of these as well. Any suggestions for realistic SC questions?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Schools: Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 35

Premium Member
Re: Need Help In Finding Realistic Verbal Questions [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 20:54
doggdetroit wrote:
I am gearing up for my 4th attempt at the GMAT this year, and 5th in the past two years. Since I have taken the GMAT so many times in the course of two years, I have exhausted all of the reading comprehension and critical reasoning questions from the 12th edition of the official guide along with both 1st and 2nd edition verbal supplements. I even went back to the 11th edition and did the problems that did not apear in the 12th edition.

For the past few weeks, I have been studying LSAT RC and CR, but I would like to shift back to more GMAT like questions as my exam date nears. Any advice on where to find some quality / realistic reading comp and critical reasoning questions?

I also have run through all of the sentence corrections questions from the above guides. Lately, I have been using the SC questions from PowerPrep, but I'm about to run out of these as well. Any suggestions for realistic SC questions?

I cannot suggest much for SC questions because you seem to have exploited all the available material for that,but if you want to practice RC, RC99 maybe a great book for that purpose .I bought the book after reading some great reviews about it on the "Share your GMAT Experience" forum on gmatclub . It has 99 passages across 3 difficulty levels(low,medium and high) and the passages are from myriad fields .The best thing about the book is that the passages and the questions mimic the types of passages and questions you see on the GMAT and the quality of explanations is superb too.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8178 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Need Help In Finding Realistic Verbal Questions [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2010, 02:12
Expert's post
One suggestion is that you should not be relying on questions as your study method, though of course if you are making a 5th run at it, you will probably run out of questions.

Have you tried the MBA.com question sets?
gmat-paper-tests-84064.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q36 V41
GMAT 2: 630 Q42 V34
GMAT 3: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 4: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 5: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 2.71
WE: Underwriter (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 20

Re: Need Help In Finding Realistic Verbal Questions [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2010, 15:49
Thanks for the responses. Prior to my second and third attempts, I relied more on third party material, as opposed to official guide material. As we all know, third party material, specifcally verbal material, is not the best, because it can be hard to mimic the way the language is used in the actual GMAT. Therefore, I am very hesitant to look at material that is not official, at least in terms of actual problems / questions. I turned to doing the LSAT CR and RC because, it too is "official."

While I the LSAT has helped me improve in both RC and CR, sometimes I find myself overthinking and trying to outsmart myself, so I want to get back to recognizing the various patterns and language of the GMAT RC and CR.

Anyway, I have not heard of the GMAT Paper Tests. Looking at various posters' comments, they sound pretty good. I will give them a try.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8178 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Need Help In Finding Realistic Verbal Questions [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 03:09
Expert's post
The only thing to keep in mind about the Paper tests is that they do not have official explanations, only an official answer....

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Need Help In Finding Realistic Verbal Questions   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2010, 03:09