Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 23:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help in preparing Quant

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 18

Need help in preparing Quant [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 02:13
Hi,

I am completely new to this forum and it is going to be one of my pioneer post on this forum. My issue is this that I have started preparing for GMAT and I found that I am very weak in quant. With some reference to the success stories at gmat club I came to know that OG is a good book to sharpen your concept for GMAT.
But my concern is this that does OG is enough to score good in GMAT? How realistic the questions are in OG compare to GMAT? and which book can provide me the idea of question close to the actual GMAT quant question.

Please recommend me books if just in case OG is not enough for my quant preparation.

Thanks in advance.

I don't want kudos.. I want to see smile on your face if I am able to help you.. which is priceless.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Status: it won't happen in one day but it'll happen one day
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: Need help in preparing Quant [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 02:27
well........this thread might be of help
need-help-on-improving-quant-99116.html

Life is all about ass; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.

Manager
Manager

Re: Need help in preparing Quant [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 02:31
Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Does it mean that OG is sufficient for me to get a good GMAT score, I mean does the questions in this book have similar complexity as on the real GMAT exam?

Thanks.

I don't want kudos.. I want to see smile on your face if I am able to help you.. which is priceless.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SigEp

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 9

Re: Need help in preparing Quant [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 07:31
This post received
KUDOS
zerotoinfinite2006 wrote:
Does it mean that OG is sufficient for me to get a good GMAT score, I mean does the questions in this book have similar complexity as on the real GMAT exam?
Thanks.

Sufficient may mean something completely different to someone with the goal of a 600 vs. someone shooting for a 720. Will it prepare you? Absolutely, but I would review the Quant board because the experts here have some incredible threads and topics to guide you through any level of preparation you wish to achieve.

Similar complexity.. I can confidently say yes by the response from GC members that I would consider extremely informed. Similarly, the GMATPrep CAT's are also very similar.
Manager
Manager

Re: Need help in preparing Quant [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 08:43
jcurry wrote:
zerotoinfinite2006 wrote:
Does it mean that OG is sufficient for me to get a good GMAT score, I mean does the questions in this book have similar complexity as on the real GMAT exam?
Thanks.

Sufficient may mean something completely different to someone with the goal of a 600 vs. someone shooting for a 720. Will it prepare you? Absolutely, but I would review the Quant board because the experts here have some incredible threads and topics to guide you through any level of preparation you wish to achieve.

Similar complexity.. I can confidently say yes by the response from GC members that I would consider extremely informed. Similarly, the GMATPrep CAT's are also very similar.

Thanks, that is the answer I am looking for. I mean math is endless and it's having a huge complexity level, I just wanted to know the border line before which I guess I should stop myself so that I can prepare myself for other section too.

To answer you question about the target score, I dream of perfect 800 like everyone else but I see myself pretty good with 700, so can you recommend me other books too if required to achieve 700?

Thanks again

Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 32

Re: Need help in preparing Quant [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 08:54
I was a newbie to gmat & gmaclub around couple of months back and I found the below very useful in the prepartion for GMAT quant. Like everyone else, my target is 700+ to be in competetive list!!

(1) Practise problems in OG

(2) Concepts in Kaplan

(3) Discussion threads in Gmatclub

Disclaimer: I am yet to take my GMAT exam!

Cheers!
Ravi
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SigEp

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 9

Re: Need help in preparing Quant [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2010, 08:58
I will say, put in the proper time studying and follow some of the top guys here and it will dramatically improve your overall satisfaction with the GMAT process.

Check out these links..
Overall great advice ->
everything-you-need-to-prepare-for-the-gmat-revised-77983.html

Study plan (This really helped bring me down to earth with my expectations and inspire me to move forward, thanks again bb) ->
gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Best prep books ->
best-gmat-books-77703.html

Scores and aiming for a reasonable level ->
gmat-scores-guide-to-gmat-scores-score-reports-83890.html
Re: Need help in preparing Quant   [#permalink] 17 Aug 2010, 08:58