Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 02:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help in score improvement

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 460 Q44 V13
GRE 1: 900 Q V
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need help in score improvement [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2013, 10:10
Hello,

i took my GMAT on 16.dec.2013 and i scored 460 (Q 44, V11). i think i should give another try after 1 month from now. i need some help in taking exam because i think any of my strategies are not working. i want to improve my score to at least 670+ because most of the schools that i target for require that sort of score.
I would like to add that when i used to take the paper based test i scored roughly 650 every time but when i started taking CAT test i scored poorly every time. These are my scores

1. Manhattan 530
2. Manhattan 580
3. Kaplan 500
4. Economist 420
5. Princeton 430
6. Manhattan 550
7. Manhattan 650
8. Gmat prep. 470
9. gmat prep. 490
10. gmat prep. 510

My score continues to go down even after effective study of more than 8 hours a day i still have scored the worst in my main exam.
Please help me if possible
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 295

Kudos [?]: 695 [0], given: 6

Re: Need help in score improvement [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2013, 12:54
Expert's post
First, you should ask yourself why you are taking so many practice tests?

The goal here is not to speed through as many tests as possible - but rather to learn from your mistakes and to understand the various types of questions you might see so you are prepared when you do see them.

Give an honest effort in reviewing your mistakes and identifying potential patterns in your mistakes. Then review the fundamentals related to those problem areas.

Mental fatigue is something that you will need to address during the test. If you continue going through all these questions without actually recognizing your mistakes, then you will be exhausted by the time of your actual exam and score even lower.

Give yourself a break - review your mistakes religiously in various orders - forwards, backwards, etc. Then retest yourself.

When you get to that stage, you may look at our practice test: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... promo=free

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 460 Q44 V13
GRE 1: 900 Q V
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Need help in score improvement [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2013, 01:29
Thank you very much , i have consistently been focusing on improvement of SC. i tend to wrong the SC questions in the practice test and the same questions if i practice in the normal routine i get it correct. CR is not a problem it comes easy to me at max 4 questions are wrong and the problem with RC is that i don't have enough time left during the practice tests to attempt all the questions hence out of 4 RC's i am able to attempt only 2 and other 2 have to be marked as fluke because i have more chances of getting SC and CR correct rather than spending time on RC and attempting RC which eventually are incorrect.

So ca you please give me some ideas on SC and RC plus how to solve the questions in a faster manner

i will really appreciate your help
Re: Need help in score improvement   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2013, 01:29