Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 20:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help regarding Bschool Profiles

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Need help regarding Bschool Profiles [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2012, 16:34
Hello All,
So...I'm a newbie to Bschool research. I've been considering taking GMAT for a yr now and it is slowly starting to get serious.
Logically, I want to first understand, which B-School has what to offer...
I keep reading posts from others which talk about Kellogg not good for entrepreneurship/tech OR Wharton is good for Finance etc...
How do we find out such information about the schools? Is it just continuous reading online? Or do you experts out there have any better ways to get this information?

Right now, I'm not even sure on which field I want to specialize in.. Although I have certain ideas in my mind..But I need to know what are my options out there and what is the best that each school can offer?

I'd appreciate any advice on this .

Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.91
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Need help regarding Bschool Profiles [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2012, 18:59
This post received
KUDOS
Forums like this can be really helpful when you are researching schools. You could probably do a search in the forum for either the field you are interested in (and see which schools come up). Or you could search for the school and see which fields are mentioned as strengths in the posts about the school.

Alternatively, you can get the information from the schools' websites. If you look at the employment report from each school you can usually see the percentages of students that went into each profession post-MBA. That should give you a pretty good idea of which fields the program is successful in placing students.

Good luck with everything!
Re: Need help regarding Bschool Profiles   [#permalink] 26 Apr 2012, 18:59