Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 14:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Help regarding Business School Selection

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Need Help regarding Business School Selection [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 06:48
I have received an admit from

1) Vanderbilt - 70k Scholarship
2) Georgetown - 60k Scholarship

Need help deciding which college to attend considering my post MBA goals are to get into management consulting

1) I am international student so as far as location is considered it doesn't matter a lot. What matters is mobility which I am not sure would be greater with an MSB MBA or an Owen MBA
2) Nashville has a considerably lower cost of living, but I am not sure about vanderbilt's strength in consulting
3) McDonough does send a considerable number of its students into consulting, but I am presuming most of them get into government consulting, so not sure about it.

Any advice from the experts???
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 336 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need Help regarding Business School Selection [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 19:40
Expert's post
avainmurky wrote:
I have received an admit from

1) Vanderbilt - 70k Scholarship
2) Georgetown - 60k Scholarship

Need help deciding which college to attend considering my post MBA goals are to get into management consulting

1) I am international student so as far as location is considered it doesn't matter a lot. What matters is mobility which I am not sure would be greater with an MSB MBA or an Owen MBA
2) Nashville has a considerably lower cost of living, but I am not sure about vanderbilt's strength in consulting
3) McDonough does send a considerable number of its students into consulting, but I am presuming most of them get into government consulting, so not sure about it.

Any advice from the experts???

First off, congratulations on the acceptances and scholarships!

Check the employment reports for Owen and for McDonough. I believe those reports show that Owen has a slight edge in placing graduates in management consulting (18%). Also check out the curriculum. If the curriculum is what you want to study, Owen is the way for you to go.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Need Help regarding Business School Selection [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 21:59

Check the employment reports for Owen and for McDonough. I believe those reports show that Owen has a slight edge in placing graduates in management consulting (18%). Also check out the curriculum. If the curriculum is what you want to study, Owen is the way for you to go.

Best,
Linda[/quote]

Thanks Linda. I did have a look at the report. I was leaning more towards Owen since it has an excellent program in terms of leadership development and consulting add to it the lucrative scholarship it has offered me I guess I'll go with Owen after all.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 336 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need Help regarding Business School Selection [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 22:35
Expert's post
avainmurky wrote:

Best,
Linda

Thanks Linda. I did have a look at the report. I was leaning more towards Owen since it has an excellent program in terms of leadership development and consulting add to it the lucrative scholarship it has offered me I guess I'll go with Owen after all.[/quote]

I looked at the reports too, and you decision makes sense to me. Talk to students at both places to confirm and as a reality check.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog