Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help regarding knewton quantitative test

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 13

Need help regarding knewton quantitative test [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 11:19
i have recently given knewton's quantitative test. The result that i achieved was

1)Valid answers-->27/39----that is 12 incorrect
2)score 98%--> Q-51
3)average time per question---->1 min 30 sec
4)total time taken---> 58 min 58 sec

Based on these analysis what should i believe ... is the result correct as i got 12 questions wrong and still got the score as q-51....

If the result is correct what should i do next -- switch to verbal or IR or awa .

Till now i have prepared only for quant and still need to improve on verbal...

Help me with this result

Thanxx
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 305 [1] , given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Need help regarding knewton quantitative test [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 20:56
This post received
KUDOS
In one of the Knewton's later tests I missed 2 problems and got a Q50, go figure. In one Kaplan test I got 0 incorrect and got a Q49. If you really want to test where you are in Quant try GMAT Prep Quant only and guess all in Verbal.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Manager
Manager
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 123 [0], given: 79

Re: Need help regarding knewton quantitative test [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 11:45
I wouldn't take any individual practice test result too seriously, unless you're doing the GMATPrep tests. It's extremely difficult for GMAT test-prep companies to accurately reverse-engineer the GMAT, and none of them are able to perfectly reproduce the scoring system. So take Knewton's test result with a grain of salt. It's certainly possible to miss a bunch of questions and still get a 51, but 12 missed questions (or maybe 10, since there are only 37 questions on the quant, and not 39...?) seems awfully high for a 51.

More importantly, it probably isn't a great idea to focus exclusively on quant, unless your verbal is unbelievably good. You can't really cram for verbal, especially the CR and RC questions, so if you need improvement in that area, you'll probably need consistent practice over a long period of time. While I can't take the 51 completely at face value, it's clear that you have some pretty solid quant skills, and you want to make sure that your studies are at least somewhat balanced between quant and verbal.

I hope this helps! Good luck with your studies.

Helping students kick the GMAT in the nuts since 2002... www.gmatninja.com.

Intern
Intern

Re: Need help regarding knewton quantitative test [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 11:56
thanxx ....

by the way i have thought to study around three months for gmat ... it has been only 19 days till now and i have studied only quant...Also i need quant score around 47-50...i have given only one test as described ...practiced a lot on grockit which is showing my expected score to be 46..

what should i do next... study quant for next 11 days ,complete a month and then jump to verbal... or just jump to verbal

i am confused and i am not sure what to do next as one wrong step may spoil every thing

also i would like you to know that i am very weak in verbal.

help me
Manager
Manager
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 123 [0], given: 79

Re: Need help regarding knewton quantitative test [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 12:28
If you know that verbal is a weakness and quant is a relative strength, then you should tackle the verbal right away. If you haven't already, check out bb's classic post about how to get started on the GMAT: gmat-study-plan-how-to-start-your-gmat-prep-80727.html

In his post, bb suggests starting your verbal prep in the second month, but if you're crappy at verbal, you should start working at it as soon as possible. In particular, GMAT critical reasoning and reading comprehension primarily test your ability to understand texts in a very precise, specific sort of way. If you struggle with those question types, you might just need tons and tons of practice so that you can get used to reading the dense, tricky passages that appear on the test. Yes, reading through GMAT verbal prep books can help, but there's no substitute for practicing with good, official materials.

Maybe your verbal isn't all that bad--I have no idea. But if you're scoring in the 46-51 range on your quant and your verbal score isn't strong, then it's probably time to mix in some verbal prep. Raising your quant score from a 46 to a 49 isn't terribly helpful if you score in the 20s on the verbal section. Check out the "month 2" part of bb's post, and then adapt it to suit your strengths and weaknesses. If you really are struggling with your verbal, then at least half of your time should be spent on it, since we know that your quant is on the right track. Don't completely abandon your quant studies, but there's no reason to wait to start studying verbal.

Helping students kick the GMAT in the nuts since 2002... www.gmatninja.com.

Intern
Intern

Re: Need help regarding knewton quantitative test [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2013, 01:35
thanxx to all

today i have taken mgmat test and got quant scoe q-44 with 64 percentile . i had answered 16 incorrect questions.

Also i have heard that mgmat tests are harder and we are definitely gonna chieve more than this on real gmat

So should i expect that i cen get Q 47 on real gmat .

what do you think
Re: Need help regarding knewton quantitative test   [#permalink] 20 Jan 2013, 01:35