Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 08:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help regarding profile information

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need help regarding profile information [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2013, 08:33
Hi,

I am an Indian female with BBA degree. Post that I have worked with a firm as a marketing associate.... I pursued my eductaion post that for 16 years education as I intend to do my MBA from USA. I worked in an advertising agency post that. I have an opportunity to work in a market research firm... I need some suggestion how I can make my application stronger .... Should I continue with an agency experience or get some hands on experience in research as well.... I wish to move to the client side ultimately...

Looking forward for a reply.

Thank you. :)
MBA Admissions Consulting
WE: Consulting (Education)
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 122 [0], given: 22

Re: Need help regarding profile information [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2013, 14:25
Hi singhprerna - welcome to GMAT Club!

It's a little hard to give advice without knowing a lot more about you but just based on what you've stated, we can offer the response that an MBA is very much a practical education, and the adcoms look to see how you're prepared for a specific post-MBA career path. Since you know you want to move to the client side, then anything you can do in your career now to position you for that would be helpful - meaning, transferable skills and relevant experience that makes you better-qualified for that type of work in future. You don't have to facilitate that big jump pre-MBA but you do want to show how you have a good foundation that you can leverage with your studies and to help you gain your first job after bschool.

Research roles typically don't do that, though there are exceptions. What you should do is evaluate your opportunities based on which will bring you closer to that future goal of working in marketing (for a CPG company or whatever).

Hope this helps! If we've fully misunderstood your situation and what you're asking about, please don't hesitate to write back and we'll try again. :-)

EssaySnark

EssaySnark Essays Reviewed on GMAT Club FOR FREE!

Intern
Intern

Re: Need help regarding profile information [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2013, 10:57
Hi,

I am really sorry for replying so late as I have been travelling... I really appreciate for your valuable time and effort to reply to my post. I am researching further on the same.. I shall get back for further clarification if needed.

Thank you very much :)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 6

Re: Need help regarding profile information [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2013, 22:12
Hi Prerna,

If you are working in a known advertising agency then I think you should stick there are learn the tricks of the trade. Having an advertising background myself, I can vouch that you will get tremendous opportunities to learn and grow at the lower levels of an advertising agency, and these will give you a solid foundation to build your career upon.
Client servicing personnel are easliy able to transition to the client side. So it will be for you to see whether you require an MBA afterall or can effect that switch without the MBA degree. Needless to say, you will get a much higher position post MBA, making it worth the time and effort.

All the best,

Namita Garg,
www.mbadecoder.com

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

Intern
Intern

Re: Need help regarding profile information [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 02:30
Thank you Namrita !
Manager
Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 6

Re: Need help regarding profile information [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 21:30
singhprerna wrote:
Thank you Namrita !

You are welcome :-D

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

Re: Need help regarding profile information   [#permalink] 17 Sep 2013, 21:30