Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 17:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Help Regarding Strategy Plan

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Need Help Regarding Strategy Plan [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2014, 22:53
Dear All,

I have took GMAT Prep and scored 310 (which is really disappointing for me). My quant and verbal skills are equal.
Please advice me some good strategy plan since i am planning to take GMAT in the end of May.

Also be inform that my target score is 680.

Also please tell me how many question should i answer correct in Quant and verbal section to achieve this score.

Thanks.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 295

Kudos [?]: 695 [1] , given: 6

Re: Need Help Regarding Strategy Plan [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 18:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
heyhadi wrote:
Dear All,

I have took GMAT Prep and scored 310 (which is really disappointing for me). My quant and verbal skills are equal.
Please advice me some good strategy plan since i am planning to take GMAT in the end of May.

Also please tell me how many question should i answer correct in Quant and verbal section to achieve this score.

Thanks.

As you retake the test, focus on doing mini sets of 3 -5 questions and then reviewing those 3-5 questions in detail before moving onto the next set of 3-5. Start of small, then you can make your sets bigger and bigger.

The idea is that by the time you do the 6th question, you may have forgotten the concepts that were tested in the 1st question. So by making the sets small, you'll be able to regularly review your mistakes and hopefully learn from them. The constant repetition in small pieces will help you solidify your learning.

But you can't say you've really learned from your mistakes until you wait a few days and test yourself on those same questions you got wrong. At this point, you should be getting these questions correct. Keep going through this process and you'll be off to the right track.

For practice questions, see: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Need Help Regarding Strategy Plan [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2014, 22:50
GMATPill wrote:
heyhadi wrote:
Dear All,

Thanks.

As you retake the test, focus on doing mini sets of 3 -5 questions and then reviewing those 3-5 questions in detail before moving onto the next set of 3-5. Start of small, then you can make your sets bigger and bigger.

The idea is that by the time you do the 6th question, you may have forgotten the concepts that were tested in the 1st question. So by making the sets small, you'll be able to regularly review your mistakes and hopefully learn from them. The constant repetition in small pieces will help you solidify your learning.

But you can't say you've really learned from your mistakes until you wait a few days and test yourself on those same questions you got wrong. At this point, you should be getting these questions correct. Keep going through this process and you'll be off to the right track.

For practice questions, see: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/

Dear thanks for the help
also plz tell what quant and verbal score i would need for overall 680 score?
if attached file is okay and authentic to gauge the score and setting target?
Attachments

file2.png
file2.png [ 90.8 KiB | Viewed 242 times ]

Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Affiliations: Economist GMAT Tutor
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 3

Premium Member
Re: Need Help Regarding Strategy Plan [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 07:29
Expert's post
Improving your score 300+ points is no small feat. It is possible though, if you want to put in the effort and time. Your first step is to master the basic concepts the GMAT tests. Check out the OG to start, which offers many real, retired practice questions. As for a strategy plan, Economist GMAT Tutor offers one free strategy session with a tutor during our 7-day free trial. The tutor will take a look at your progress in our course, will identify your areas of weakness and strength and outline a solid study plan for you. If you'd like to check out our trial, just sign up here: http://gmat.economist.com/free-trial

Regards,

Elizabeth

http://econgm.at/GCfreetrial
For free GMAT practice questions, follow us @econgmat_qs
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Re: Need Help Regarding Strategy Plan   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2014, 07:29