Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 05:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need Help selecting a GMAT Course Provider

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.73
WE: Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Need Help selecting a GMAT Course Provider [#permalink] New post 06 Jul 2011, 07:21
After 2 months of studying, I scored 660 (V38 Q44). My prac test (2 offical + 4 MGMAT) were in the 630-650 range so it was on par with what I expected. Reschedule for end of July but I'm planning worst case scenario that I won't hit my 700+ target. Any recommendations in a course provider?

I have most of the MGMAT books (4 CATs done), the 3 official guides (all done), GMAT Club Grammar Book and also the GMAT Club tests. Also keeping track of error log, but the problem is I keep making silly math mistakes, take too long to do a problem or not understanding word problems.

So far on average, I get about half right on the GMAT Club tests, which is leading me to believe I need a outside help since self studying isn't working. I'm pretty sure I'm beyond the standard 2 month+ courses that most providers offer, so should I be getting a private tutor option or is there any other packages for people in my situation?

Thanks
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 50

Kudos [?]: 348 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Need Help selecting a GMAT Course Provider [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2011, 06:20
Have you seen the review thread?

gmat-prep-course-reviews-discount-codes-78451.html#p590321

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.73
WE: Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need Help selecting a GMAT Course Provider [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2011, 12:44
mohater wrote:

I've read a couple of the reviews but for the most part the reviews were base on the standard 2 week+ courses which I think I'm beyond based on my progress. Looking for 'advanced" tutor to get me from my 660 to 700+.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Need Help selecting a GMAT Course Provider [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2011, 14:59
I used a local (midwest) tutor. The issue with the bigger co's is that you sign up and then have no idea who your teacher will be. You just believe that it will be good but what if you do not like him or her. I think going 1-1 for the best teacher for you is the best move. that way you can personally screen them first.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need Help selecting a GMAT Course Provider [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2011, 23:38
I'm thinking of a personal tutor as well. I'm currently taking the Knewton online course, which has been great, tbh. But I think i could really benefit from a tutor - in conjunction with the online course...

Knewton Knerd

Re: Need Help selecting a GMAT Course Provider   [#permalink] 07 Jul 2011, 23:38