Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 06:48

Starting Soon:

Live Q&A Session with Cambridge Admissions Team   ||    Join Chat Room to Attend the Session

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help to determine my position. - test in 20 days f

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need help to determine my position. - test in 20 days f [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2009, 13:39
My test dates are 20 days away.

I have been mainly preparing from OG-11 and OG-10. I am completely confused about my quants score as i seem to alternate a lot in my scores. In my initial diagnosis tests, i have been averaging around 560. Quants has been my weak section and have been practicing quants from OG-10 & 11. I have gotten a bit more comfortable with quants now, but i am still not very confident with permutations and combinations and probability. I tried reading these theories from Grimaldi authored maths book, but it was too heavy duty for me.

I am comfortable with verbal, though I tend to lose marks more because of my oversight.

As for now, I am concentrating more on Basics, formulas, tricks in Maths and SC and RC in Verbal. I am also working on my concentration as i seem to be very easily distracted and find it hard to concentrate for long hours.

I feel confident about scoring good marks and as such am not so scared about my exams as of now. But i am slightly concerned if this is normal, and whats the best course of action for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Need help to determine my position. - test in 20 days f [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2009, 13:06
rygaar, thanks for the post.

Yes, after your reply., i did a bit of soul searching and my quants strategy is very cluttered. working on that.

Thanks again.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8163 [0], given: 3640

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Need help to determine my position. - test in 20 days f [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2009, 13:12
Expert's post
satvik1985 wrote:
rygaar, thanks for the post.

Yes, after your reply., i did a bit of soul searching and my quants strategy is very cluttered. working on that.

Thanks again.

My suggestion would be get a good Math workbook from either Kaplan or Manhattan - they have all the background and over all topics in details (almost all)
t74310-best-gmat-prep-books-recommendations

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Need help to determine my position. - test in 20 days f   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2009, 13:12