Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 14:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help to reach 700+

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Need help to reach 700+ [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2007, 16:23
I took the GMAC Practice test1 Yesterday and got 630(Q 44,v 33)..today i took MGMAT and got 630 again(q47,V 30) .My exam is scheduled in he second week of July .
I want to cross the 700 mark ,not sure whether i need to give more time or around 3 weeks time should be ok to bump the score.

I havent touched the OG11 yet as i have kept it for the last weeks .

Last week i had taken another MGMAT test and scored 670 (Q 45,V 35) .

I have taken couple of challenges and averaged 40.

Please advise whether i should postpone ?

Also in all the tests that i take i consitantly average 45 in Quant and 33 in Verbal .Whats the best way to reach around 50 in Quant and 40 in Veral .I am always low on time in all my tests .Missing on an average 7 questions in verbal and Quant .

Would it be realistic to take the test in 3 weeks if i am targetting 700 ???
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need help to reach 700+ [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2007, 16:36
Hi dreamgmat,

It seems to me that you can significantly bump up your gmat score by improving your verbal section. I suggest you get GMatter (http://www.gmatter.biz) and practice from there. Obviously you need to figure out where your weaknesses in verbal lie first.

Also to improve your quant, look at where your weaknesses are ? No point in doing challenges at the moment, focus on the basics. 3 weeks of focused preparation should get you there. But then the best person to judge that is you yourself.

good luck.

dreamgmat1 wrote:
I took the GMAC Practice test1 Yesterday and got 630(Q 44,v 33)..today i took MGMAT and got 630 again(q47,V 30) .My exam is scheduled in he second week of July .
I want to cross the 700 mark ,not sure whether i need to give more time or around 3 weeks time should be ok to bump the score.

I havent touched the OG11 yet as i have kept it for the last weeks .

Last week i had taken another MGMAT test and scored 670 (Q 45,V 35) .

I have taken couple of challenges and averaged 40.

Please advise whether i should postpone ?

Also in all the tests that i take i consitantly average 45 in Quant and 33 in Verbal .Whats the best way to reach around 50 in Quant and 40 in Veral .I am always low on time in all my tests .Missing on an average 7 questions in verbal and Quant .

Would it be realistic to take the test in 3 weeks if i am targetting 700 ???
Re: Need help to reach 700+   [#permalink] 24 Jun 2007, 16:36