I have been a member of gmatclub for quite some time now - around 2 years. However, I had to come to the US for a project assignment and almost lost touch of gmatclub as well as my MBA idea! Now that I am considering my MBA seriously, I need some help from you. I am in a place where there ain't any talks about MBA and even if there are, I am not aware of. Hence it becomes difficult for me to get any guidance. I have come up with a list of questions pertaining to my intention of applying to a B school. I have made it precise and mentioned about SAID only. You may still generalize about all fits for me in Europe.
1. As mentioned in my previous post, my GMAT score is 690. Do you think it is a good enough score to go ahead and apply?
2. I might be interested in changing my filed to Marketing. If not, I might stay in IT itself but would like to go into the Oprerations/Business aspect of IT. Is SAID a good place to go for these areas?
3. I have a 3+ years of IT experience with good extracurricular activity record and some community service too. Does this meet the criteria of admission @ SAID. Rather, does this make my case strong enough or do you think I need more experience, since I read that the average work experience @ SAID is 72 months.
4. Do you think I should take some assistance in essays/applications from any consultant? If you know of some place, please share that with me.
5. Presently I am in the US on a project assignment. However, I want to apply for B-schools in EU because of the 1 year program (less time and less money spent). Do you think this is a good enough reason for anyone to apply for B-schools in EU?
6. Lastly, it would be great if you can share with me, any related information which might be useful for me in my applications etc. And any forum, etc. which you might have used when you had applied for your MBA.
Hope to hear from you soon!
The known is finite. The unknown infinite. Intellectually we all stand on an islet, in the middle of an illimitable ocean of inexplicability!