Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 22:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help with profile evaluation and shortlisting schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Need help with profile evaluation and shortlisting schools [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2012, 11:39
GMAT: 740 (Math 50-90 percentile, Verbal 40-90 percentile) awa 6.0

Demographic profile: Indian/Male – Currently living in the US. In the US for the past 6 years

Education: MS in CS from University of Southern California. GPA – 3.44

Work Experience: 4 ½ years

About work experience: I have been working at Microsoft Corp since January 2008. I interned here in the summer of 2007 and joined full time after graduation in December 2007. I got promoted two times and am currently at the level of a Tech lead, working as a software development engineer in test 2, working on developing windows 8.

Extra curriculars and others:
1. I am helping a friend set up his own startup. I help him with some technical stuff and also help him with the marketing and publicity work of his start up.
2. I have been volunteering for AID India, and NGO that supports various development projects in India, for the last 3 years. I am the secretary of the Seattle Chapter of AID. I am also on the organizing committees for carious events and conferences.
3. I regularly run to raise funds for the NGO I support. I ran the Athens Marathon in Greece, and the Seattle Rock and Roll half marathon.
4. I play in the Northwest Cricket League, for Olympic Cricket Club. I have been playing cricket here in the Northwest since 2008, and have a few good performances to talk about. I am also the treasurer for our club managing its finances.
5. I participate in the local quiz contests and have some good wins on that circuit to talk about.

Region I want to settle post MBA: India

Target schools: Indian School of Business, Booth, Haas, Stanford, NYU, LSB, INSEAD

Please let me know if this is profile is any good to proceed with the schools mentioned. Also, please let me know if I should be aiming for other schools instead.
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 121 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need help with profile evaluation and shortlisting schools [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2012, 11:17
Expert's post
I think you have a good profile for those schools, and although your applicant pool is a deep one, I think you can stand out for several reasons: 1) your experience in the US with a marquee company is impressive 2) your graduate degree from a marquee school will be influential and 3) your GMAT will be at or above the mean at most of those schools. I also like that you are involved outside work and have startup experience. Should make for a memorable application, which is clearly the goal. Let us know if we can be helpful as you prepare your applications.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews