Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 04:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

need info on Admissionado School guide data

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 86

Kudos [?]: 562 [0], given: 107

Premium Member CAT Tests
need info on Admissionado School guide data [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2012, 03:35
Expert's post
Hi Jon,
I found on your website(school guides' section) that the average Salary increase and average Salary for the schools (of course,on an average basis) have been roughly 100% and $100,000.00 respectively.

Could you please explain it in detail what does it actually mean..?

Just to check if I've got it right : Say,my salary post MBA is $100,000.00 for 1st year.then after 2 years job it'll be around $ 400,000.00 and so on..of course up to a limit I think :)

Appreciate your feedback on this.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 559 [0], given: 30

Re: need info on Admissionado School guide data [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 04:45
Expert's post
Oh! if that were only the case!!!!! :)
The salary increase statistics (which by the way are collected for the most part from Businessweek and Financial Times statistics) are in general salary measures of alumni three years after graduation. And it's a one time thing. So it's not as if this happens every year.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: need info on Admissionado School guide data [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 05:00
Expert's post
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Oh! if that were only the case!!!!! :)
The salary increase statistics (which by the way are collected for the most part from Businessweek and Financial Times statistics) are in general salary measures of alumni three years after graduation. And it's a one time thing. So it's not as if this happens every year.

Aha..!That's why it sounds so much.. :) Thanks Jon for your clarification..!

Just to check whether I got it right :
So if we consider post MBA salary is $100,000.00 at the beginning of 1st year at job,then on the 4th year it'll be probably $200,000.00 as per statistical report.Please let me know if I'm correct ?

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Expert Post
Admissionado

Re: need info on Admissionado School guide data [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 04:07
Expert's post
Hmmm not necessarily... statistics are much more complicated than that. These are statistics of averages and not predictive statistics... You can assume for example that there are lots of people who are coming in with 20-30K salaries only because they come from countries where salaries are much lower, and they are likely seeing percentage hikes much higher than those of folks who are already making six figures..

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: need info on Admissionado School guide data [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 04:34
Expert's post
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Hmmm not necessarily... statistics are much more complicated than that. These are statistics of averages and not predictive statistics... You can assume for example that there are lots of people who are coming in with 20-30K salaries only because they come from countries where salaries are much lower, and they are likely seeing percentage hikes much higher than those of folks who are already making six figures..

OMG..! you're going deep..Please allow me to understand the scenario.

1.Are you saying that ,people of 24-30 age group(typical 2 year FT MBA applicants) in countries like US,having Finance/Engineering background already making six figure prior to their MBA? Well, of course, in countries like India/China etc. that is not the case as we all know :)
2.If we consider the whole scenario from the perspective of Post MBA job ONLY (mainly for US B-schools as listed in your website) irrespective of demographics, then as the base salary we are to consider only the salary after completion of MBA in US for any graduate of that US B-school (may be he/she's is from US/UK/Europe/Asia) and say,if that salary is what I mentioned in my last post i.e. $100,000.00 after completion of MBA then how do you see the salary increase in 3-4 years down the line from this point ?

Would really appreciate your feedback on this !

Expert Post
Admissionado

Re: need info on Admissionado School guide data [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 04:31
Expert's post
1. Again it's very hard to generalize, but no, most people in their first three years of work after school even in the US aren't make six figures. I wanted just to point out, that if you were looking for something that would be predictive in your case, it would be better for you to consider demographics.
2. In general, even if it's not exactly predictive, but yes, this is what the past has shown to be the case

:)

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: need info on Admissionado School guide data [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 09:51
Expert's post
JonAdmissionado wrote:
1. Again it's very hard to generalize, but no, most people in their first three years of work after school even in the US aren't make six figures. I wanted just to point out, that if you were looking for something that would be predictive in your case, it would be better for you to consider demographics.
2. In general, even if it's not exactly predictive, but yes, this is what the past has shown to be the case

:)

Thanks Jon for your reply...Send you a PM on this.

Expert Post
Admissionado

Re: need info on Admissionado School guide data [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 23:38
Expert's post
You got it, dude...

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: need info on Admissionado School guide data [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 23:55
Expert's post
Hey Jon,
Is your acknowledgement about every aspect I mentioned in the PM I sent you in reference to your last reply to my post in this thread..?
If not, could you please shot a reply on that through PM ?

Expert Post
Admissionado

Re: need info on Admissionado School guide data [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 00:18
Expert's post
No no,, I meant like "no problem dude"...
I'll get to your PM shortly :)

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: need info on Admissionado School guide data [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 20:49
Expert's post