Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Apr 2014, 06:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

need info on which book has Set Theroy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
CBS Thread Master
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 97

Premium Member
need info on which book has Set Theroy [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 23:14
Expert's post
Hi bb/Bunuel,
Can you please let me know which books from Veritas and MGMAT cover Set Theory concept and questions?

Much appreciate your feedback.

P.S: @ Karishma from veritas- would also request your to share your inputs on the Veritas side!

e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 21

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: need info on which book has Set Theroy [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 04:59
This post received
KUDOS
Hi
Set theory is in Word Problems book of Manhattan GMAT. They have good examples and cover most scenarios. That book and GMAT club problems should be sufficient for practice.
Hope this helps
Cheers!

Posted from my mobile device Image

Give Kudos if you want to say thanks :)

CBS Thread Master

Premium Member
Re: need info on which book has Set Theroy [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 05:27
Expert's post
HulkSmashGMAT wrote:
Hi
Set theory is in Word Problems book of Manhattan GMAT. They have good examples and cover most scenarios. That book and GMAT club problems should be sufficient for practice.
Hope this helps
Cheers!

Thanks man!

Folks-any info on Veritas side...?

e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays

Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 50

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 66

Re: need info on which book has Set Theroy [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 05:40
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:
HulkSmashGMAT wrote:
Hi
Hope this helps
Cheers!

Thanks man!

Hi debayan222, set theory is a pretty broad topic but the main considerations for the GMAT are touched upon in book 10 (Statistics, Combinatorics and Probability) and some aspects are in book 6 (Geometry) and 11 (Word Problems). The books tend to come together as a set so you'll get the coverage you need, but there isn't a focused section dedicated exclusively to set theory. Of course, you'll get everything you need to ace the GMAT questions you're likely the see.

Hope this helps!
-Ron

Ron Awad
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses and Admissions Consulting Services
Veritas Prep Reviews

CBS Thread Master

Premium Member
Re: need info on which book has Set Theroy [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 06:49
Expert's post
VeritasPrepRon wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
HulkSmashGMAT wrote:
Hi
Hope this helps
Cheers!

Thanks man!

Hi debayan222, set theory is a pretty broad topic but the main considerations for the GMAT are touched upon in book 10 (Statistics, Combinatorics and Probability) and some aspects are in book 6 (Geometry) and 11 (Word Problems). The books tend to come together as a set so you'll get the coverage you need, but there isn't a focused section dedicated exclusively to set theory. Of course, you'll get everything you need to ace the GMAT questions you're likely the see.

Hope this helps!
-Ron

Hey Ron-That's great info! Thanks a lot...

But,I've few of OLD books(when Veritas had set of 15 books in 2012) from Veritas purchased last year...So,the book segmentation or categorization was different I think at that time as Combinatorics & Probability and Statistics are two different books from that lot...However, I guess material was same as it's now in NEW set of books...Your thoughts please!

My question is that will the Statistics, Combinatorics and Probability, Word Problems books(OLD ones) cover the part of Set Theory required for GMAT ?

Much thanks!

CBS Thread Master

Premium Member
Re: need info on which book has Set Theroy [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 08:51
Expert's post
Hi Ron,
Would you please take a minute to clarify the above query...?

Much appreciate your help.

1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 897

Kudos [?]: 3816 [1] , given: 148

Re: need info on which book has Set Theroy [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 04:48
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:

But,I've few of OLD books(when Veritas had set of 15 books in 2012) from Veritas purchased last year...So,the book segmentation or categorization was different I think at that time as Combinatorics & Probability and Statistics are two different books from that lot...However, I guess material was same as it's now in NEW set of books...Your thoughts please!

My question is that will the Statistics, Combinatorics and Probability, Word Problems books(OLD ones) cover the part of Set Theory required for GMAT ?

Much thanks!

In the old set, there was one book called "Statistics and Problem Solving". That has a section on venn diagrams and discusses some tricky questions on sets (they seem easy but most people are unable to get the right answer). You will also find sets questions in other books since GMAT loves to club topics in one question and hence that's what we like to do too.

Also, I have discussed Sets on my blog:

http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2012/09 ... s-of-sets/
http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2012/09 ... sets-many/
http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2012/09 ... ping-sets/

There are also some other posts which discuss Sets along with some other topics so just search 'Quarter Wit Sets' on our blog and you should be able to hit them too.

Also, if you have questions directed specifically to Veritas people, feel free to pm the link to Veritas people! We are usually not able to peruse through every link on the forum so if you bring it to our notice, we will definitely reply.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

CBS Thread Master

Premium Member
Re: need info on which book has Set Theroy [#permalink] New post 19 May 2013, 21:52
Expert's post
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
debayan222 wrote:

Much thanks!

In the old set, there was one book called "Statistics and Problem Solving". That has a section on venn diagrams and discusses some tricky questions on sets (they seem easy but most people are unable to get the right answer). You will also find sets questions in other books since GMAT loves to club topics in one question and hence that's what we like to do too.

Also, I have discussed Sets on my blog:

http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2012/09 ... s-of-sets/
http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2012/09 ... sets-many/
http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2012/09 ... ping-sets/

There are also some other posts which discuss Sets along with some other topics so just search 'Quarter Wit Sets' on our blog and you should be able to hit them too.

Also, if you have questions directed specifically to Veritas people, feel free to pm the link to Veritas people! We are usually not able to peruse through every link on the forum so if you bring it to our notice, we will definitely reply.

Eh! Much awaited reply from you mam! Thanks a ton..

Your blog posts contain some really tricky questions...and crisp solutions.Kudos!

Re: need info on which book has Set Theroy   [#permalink] 19 May 2013, 21:52