Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 05:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need information on Santa Clara and UC Davis

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 76089

Need information on Santa Clara and UC Davis [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2004, 11:26
Hello

I was wondering whether anyone has any information about Santa Clara University's evening MBA program. Its been ranked in the top 10 part time programs by US news, but i would like to get more feedback.

I am not particular about joining a part time program and I am also exploring Universities like UC Davis. Is it preferable to do an MBA from a UC campus as opposed to a private school. Please let me know.

Thank You All
S
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 428 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2004, 13:37
This post received
KUDOS
UC Davis is a well-regarded university. The MBA program is the third most esteemed in Northern California and perhaps the sixth most esteemed in all of California.

One interesting aspect of UC Davis is that it has high nominal entrance requirements (GMAT mean c. 680 and GPA c. 3.2-3.3) relative to the employment rate and starting pay for students. Indeed, students with these admissions attributes would have a viable chance at many Trans Elite and Near Elite schools such as Carnegie Mellon, Emory, or Maryland.

Hjort
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 76089

[#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2004, 17:08
Thank you for the information Hjort.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Need information on Santa Clara and UC Davis [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2004, 07:07
I had exactly the same question a couple of month ago. I reside in San Jose,CA and intrested in doing Part time MBA from a good school.
Obviously, my first choice is UC-Berkeley, but their acceptance rate is very low and GMAT average is very high. I talked to couple of alumni and they say anything less than 700 GMAT is waste of time. (My verbal is very weak and i'm working on it)
The other choices are Santa Clara and UC Davis. No matter what Ranking says about the schools, UC system is well regarded in Business Community. Even tough the cost of UC is much higher than Santa Clara, the long term benefits are more in UC System. UC-Davis has a very strong alumni as compared with Santa Clara. Surprisingly, the entrance requirement of Santa Clara and UC Davis are the same.
I will be attending info sessions from both the school and update you of new findings.
Please email my at m_A_khan_usa at yahoo dot com if you want more info.
Thanks
Good Luck
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 428 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2004, 16:43
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

Yes, the UC system is well regarded in the business community of California- I think that few would contest that point. However, this is not the same as saying that the MBA program at a particular campus is regarded in the same way in the Bay Area.

Santa Clara is a generally well regarded university in the Bay Area with a well known college and law school. I think that the decision of which school presents more long term benefits is probably dominated by individual specific variables.

Hjort
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Need information on Santa Clara and UC Davis [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 21:42
Santa Clara MBA is ranked above UC Davis by almost all the ranking services.It has good professors,great alumni and wonderful career placement services.From what I heard,after UC Berkeley,Anderson SCU is the best school in the west coast for part time MBA
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Re: Need information on Santa Clara and UC Davis [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2010, 01:08
i agree!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Need information on Santa Clara and UC Davis [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2011, 19:39
@yash1th, wolf When I last checked SCU didnt have Placement services cell, which wasnt long ago.
They do offer Career services such as Resume writing etc, but no placement services.
i havent had a chance to talk to SU alums but UC Davis alums are all about the Brand value that comes with the UC tag.
Re: Need information on Santa Clara and UC Davis   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2011, 19:39